AES vs USB

gbaby

Re: AES vs USB
« Reply #40 on: 14 Aug 2019, 07:30 pm »
thanks gbaby I do like a interesting read!  Education never hurt anyone

Thank you. For the record, you have my apology if my tone was incorrect. But, in any event, below is the article that I was referring to:

https://www.hifi-advice.com/blog/review/digital-reviews/network-player-reviews/bryston-bdp-3-digital-media-player/

gbaby

« Reply #41 on: 14 Aug 2019, 07:41 pm »
gbaby, who's your Brystie dealer down there in your state (Carolina?)?

cheers

More specifically, I now deal with Sound Video out of McGregor, Minnesota. The Bryston dealer in my State is working for everyone but Bryston. :lol:
For some strange reason, I know more about Bryston products than its North Carolina dealer. This is only because I am well read and these salesmen don't read.  :o

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #42 on: 14 Aug 2019, 08:38 pm »
For some strange reason, I know more about Bryston products than its North Carolina dealer. This is only because I am well read and these salesmen don't read. :o

Most can't read.   :lol: :green:

gbaby

« Reply #43 on: 14 Aug 2019, 09:34 pm »

schmidtmike76

« Reply #44 on: 15 Aug 2019, 11:56 am »
Very interesting about USB  sounding different with multiple outputs into the dac. I have the same AES and USB cable and my conclusions are there same as his.  The AES is more full bodied and relaxed.  The USB on my lumin sounds thinner and definitely takes the upper mid and tweeter on.  The lumin rep that’s all over the forums has said time and time again AES usually sounds better.  This is where I love Bryston no good better best though this is somewhat different they can stand behind it, Bryston’s USB output is superior over models many times the price.  Good read, thanks

gbaby

« Reply #45 on: 15 Aug 2019, 01:58 pm »
Very interesting about USB  sounding different with multiple outputs into the dac. I have the same AES and USB cable and my conclusions are there same as his.  The AES is more full bodied and relaxed.  The USB on my lumin sounds thinner and definitely takes the upper mid and tweeter on.  The lumin rep that’s all over the forums has said time and time again AES usually sounds better.  This is where I love Bryston no good better best though this is somewhat different they can stand behind it, Bryston’s USB output is superior over models many times the price.  Good read, thanks

My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed the read. 8)

bacobits1

« Reply #46 on: 15 Aug 2019, 03:43 pm »
Raleigh? SA? Yea we have them here in Charlotte too. I have seen a bit of Bryston there.
Stay away! If they have to order anything, you can't return it. Stay out of places like that especially if you are a novice buyer. Ordering on line there you can return it. Place is ran kinda.......stoopid?
They rely on huge home theater installs. AND you wonder why B&M places vanish.
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2019, 09:02 pm by bacobits1 »

gbaby

« Reply #47 on: 15 Aug 2019, 06:36 pm »
Raleigh? Sound Advise? Yea we have them here in Charlotte too. I have seen a bit of Bryston there.
Stay away! If they have to order anything, you can't return it. Stay out of places like that especially if you are a novice buyer. Ordering on line there you can return it. Place is ran kinda.......stoopid?
They rely on huge home theater installs. AND you wonder why B&M places vanish.

I am not calling out names, but I have been to Audio Advice in Raleigh, and it is a good store and the salesmen are helpful in that they will allow you to listen to their systems in all rooms. My problem is that I know more about the products and audio than most salesmen. I worked at an audio store in Durham, NC in the '70s called Vickers Electronics, and it was the biggest audio store in the State at that time. Due to this experience as well as having always read the audio magazines, I am about two moves ahead of most audio salesmen. :o