Changing BDA-3 TCP/IP Address

Pundamilia

Changing BDA-3 TCP/IP Address
« on: 2 Aug 2019, 07:46 pm »
I would like to change the IP address for my BDA-3 to be consistent with my networking standards. When signed into the BDA-3 interface, it states,"TCP/IP settings can only be changed using RS232 terminal connection". The current IP address (192.168.1.150) was assigned by the DHCP Server as the checkbox for DHCP client is checked. I would like to change the address to a static IP address. Do I need to use a RS-232 connection? Can I change it using commands through the Terminal tab? Using the regular user interface under the SETUP tab won't allow me to uncheck the Enable DHCP Client checkbox. Any suggestions?  :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

zoom25

Re: Changing BDA-3 TCP/IP Address
« Reply #1 on: 2 Aug 2019, 09:02 pm »
Are you trying to have the BDA-3's IP address (192.168.1.150) be the same each time it's booted?

If that's what you're referring to, I had to do that for my Synology NAS for use with the BDP. I give it a static number in the router setting. So now whenever the Synology boots up, it always has the same number and all the files show up on the BDP. You should be able to do that for the BDA-3 as well. If the goal is for the BDA-3 to have the same IP address each time, that will have to be done via the router settings.

Pundamilia

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2019, 11:50 pm »
Yes. I realize that I have to reserve the IP address on the router, but I think I have to assign it to the device first, if I am not assigning it via DHCP.

Silverbullet

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2019, 12:44 am »
When a device asks DHCP for an address then the first thing DHCP does is check to see if it’s MAC address is in its reservation table, if it is it issues the reserved TCP/IP address. No need to put a fixed address in the device itself.

Pundamilia

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2019, 01:52 am »
@Silverbullet: Thanks for that information, I will give it a try.