Monitor Audio Rs6 Crossover

sevenbrides

Re: Monitor Audio Rs6 Crossover
« Reply #20 on: 10 Mar 2018, 02:59 pm »
I totally agree on everything! And the photos of the crossover you posted for the brave people are nectar and ambrosia for me! I think a well built XOver even if I could not see the RC network with the 8 ohm resistor and the 2.2 uF cap. Unfortunately I do not have the parameters of Thiele and Small of the MA TS025 tweeter, but I had fun simulating on BassBox Pro what happens to the frequency response applying the same RC network (with same XOver to 12 dB / OCT) for one of the tweeters I know a lot good (CIARE HT262). Just for fun I posted the calculated graph where we see that, in the case of HT262, the effect of the RC (yellow) network would be very similar to that of a 2.7 ohm external resistor in series (red). The thing has very intrigued me and since I have a pair of L_PAD not yet used I will have fun experimenting (without opening anything) the effect on the sound of my RX6. Of course I will never compare it with your original RC network, certainly much more serious than mine (not at all rigorous) "simulations"!

sevenbrides

« Reply #21 on: 10 Mar 2018, 03:08 pm »
I'm sorry but I realized that I forgot to specify that the green graph corresponds to the frequency response of HT262 with only XOver 12 dB / OCT (without RC and without series resistor). I apologize.

Trickz

« Reply #22 on: 14 Nov 2019, 07:12 pm »
Hi guys! I was searching around the world wide web to see how/if I could improve my rs6's and ended up here.

I know it's an old thread, but hoping you guys are still alive and could be so kind and guide me on my mission.
I've never looked inside a speaker, but know how to solder and order parts, that's about it.
I want to try and make the RC network that mrSwede did for his tweeters and considering new binding posts aswell.
A good place to start would be to order the parts, but which and where from?

Kind regards

-T