A Crucial Part of the Listening Experience

JakeJ

A Crucial Part of the Listening Experience
« on: 24 Apr 2009, 05:20 pm »
Although not truly audio based it is related.  This is my brand spankin' new Ekornes leather recliner.  Nicest and most expensive piece of furniture I have ever owned or bought with my own money.  There have been some decent hand-me-downs but none held a candle to this!
 :rock:

So what do y'all park your derriere in while listening or home theatering?

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: A Crucial Part of the Listening Experience
« Reply #1 on: 24 Apr 2009, 05:21 pm »
Congrats on the chair Jake.

Having a comfy place to sit while spending hours listening to your system is critical.

George

JakeJ

« Reply #2 on: 24 Apr 2009, 05:26 pm »
Thanks zybar,

Yup it's really nice, although I have a feeling I will be falling asleep occasionally.  :thumb: :lol:

Jake

Dave G

« Reply #3 on: 24 Apr 2009, 05:45 pm »
Nice chair! :thumb:

Mine is a POÄNG chair from IKEA that is comfy (for me) and probably just a wee bit cheaper ($99):

Dave

TheChairGuy

« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2009, 06:51 pm »
Jake, that is a great chair.

Despite being a chairguy, I don't even sit on one :oops:

My chiropractor convinced me to sit on an exercise ball about a year ago....and I'm a fidget anyway (don't sit much)

It's not comfy, but I guess that's the point of it - you move around and don't spend so much time on it this way. It was $29.99 - that was nice, too :wink:

I like your idea better, tho :thumb:

John

Wayner

« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:11 pm »
I have two most excellent chairs, made in Canada.

This one also has a matching automan, made by Palliser in Manitoba. Very comfortable, and this is the wife's perch.

This one is also made by Palliser. This is my Captain Kirk chair. I never thought I would ever spend so much on a couple of chairs, but they are built like a tank, but oh...so sweet.

Good for long listening sessions.

Wayner  :D

BobM

« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2009, 07:28 pm »
I found a low backed chair is much preferable to a high backed one. Used to look like this, but I got lonely:

So now it looks like this (the CD racks multiplied out too) - and no, that's not me on the right side, although I do use that little Shiatsu massager from time to time:

Bob

JakeJ

« Reply #7 on: 24 Apr 2009, 08:27 pm »
The head rest on my chair is height adjustable and when all the way down the top edge is still below my ears.

Dave - I like IKEA and most any Swedish modern furniture.  Yours looks nice and is easy to move for vacuuming.

The Ball-for-a-Chair Guy - you can test your TT isolation system.  :lol:

Wayner - both chairs look nice but that is about the most comfortable looking desk chair I've ever seen.

Bob - Yeah my couch is still in the room just behind and left of where I took the photo from.  I think maybe your CD racks are having sex when nobody is around.  :icon_twisted:

Nice to see the "accessories" of a good system and room.

twitch54

« Reply #8 on: 24 Apr 2009, 09:38 pm »
Jake, same as yours except mines black.  I love mine as well, trouble is late nite listening sessions make it to easy to fall asleep !

knut_the_viking

« Reply #9 on: 24 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm »
Although not truly audio based it is related.  This is my brand spankin' new Ekornes leather recliner.  Nicest and most expensive piece of furniture I have ever owned or bought with my own money.  There have been some decent hand-me-downs but none held a candle to this!
 :rock:

So what do y'all park your derriere in while listening or home theatering?

Being born and raised around Ekornes furniture, I had to search the Pasadena area for a dealer.
Ended up buying a Stressless Vegas from Plummer's furniture in Pasadena.
Better now at 5 years old than it was when it was new!
Some more Ekornes leather furniture has followed (but that's over there near the coffee table...)

Scott F.

« Reply #10 on: 24 Apr 2009, 11:31 pm »
Mine is a POÄNG chair from IKEA that is comfy (for me) and probably just a wee bit cheaper ($99):

Dave

Mine too  :thumb: I've even got a couple extra for when guests come by  :green:  Great chairs, comfy and best of all, inexpensive.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #11 on: 25 Apr 2009, 01:57 pm »
That looks like one comfy listening spot.
I don't have any tubes in my system, but I do have chairs. And yes, they are a crucial part of the listening experience; both as a matter of comfort and sonics. For sonics I prefer a low back chair. Previously had a nice leather chair but these improved the sound so much. My wife bought me the leather recliner so I had to find a place for it where she would think I was dissing her.

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
« Reply #12 on: 25 Apr 2009, 02:58 pm »
Another crucial part to the listening experience is good food.

Many of us know that based on the food photos that float around here from time to time...  :D