Who's snowed in?

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
Re: Who's snowed in?
« Reply #20 on: 10 Feb 2010, 11:11 pm »
I find it hard to work without music in the background.  I'm listening to Nellie Furtado now.

Me too. Gotta have music playing to work. Nellie is a local girl :)

The root of all the snow you guys are getting is the same as the spring weather we are getting here, temps of 8-10c. One of the venues at the Winter Olympics across the straight could sure use a dump of snow, i can already hear the groans in my wallet from the snow they are having to fly & truck in. The other venue has lots (a base of 3 m)

dave

Scottdazzle

« Reply #21 on: 10 Feb 2010, 11:59 pm »
Today we had 9" on top of the 26" from the last storm.  We had our first snowplow this morning... after 4 days of being stranded.  Now the tv news says more is headed to Vienna in the next hour.  Thank God for music.  Even without new snow, the wind is blowing the fallen snow horizontally. 

Ric, I've shoveled the last 3 days but took the day off today.  Shoveling blowing snow is a fool's errand.

rodge827

« Reply #22 on: 11 Feb 2010, 12:05 am »
Mostly all rain here on the coast in South Jersey :D. Looks like we may have dodged the bullet this time :thumb:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #23 on: 12 Feb 2010, 03:51 am »
I am going to actually go to work tomorrow. :bounce: :bounce:  4 days off as we are keyed into the Federal Government, which closed this week.
It has basically been endless shoveling between my house and my mom's house for 6 days.  I threw my elbow out.  :cry: Now I get to go to the peace and quiet of work place.   :?