Any NX-Otica &/or OB Dual Sub Owners in CO, AZ, UT, CA?

zenfishbike

I live in southwest Colorado and my travels occasionally take me to CO, AZ, UT and CA. If anyone in those parts have NX-Oticas and/or OB Dual Subs and would welcome a fully masked and socially distant kind of guy with your favorite beverage in hand sometime over the next hand-full of months please let me know! Thanks!  8)

Danny Richie

Re: Any NX-Otica &/or OB Dual Sub Owners in CO, AZ, UT, CA?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2021, 09:04 pm »
Off the top of my head I know there are some in CA and AZ.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 5 Feb 2021, 09:08 pm »
I believe Ron from NRD is in AZ? Maybe you could email him?

jn316

« Reply #3 on: 5 Feb 2021, 09:58 pm »
I'm in Colorado Springs and have dual OB subs. Hope to have either NX-Otica MTMs, NX-Oticas, NX-Tremes, or Super 7 uppers matched with them in the next several months. Heck, by then Danny will have something new to add to that list!  :scratch:
Gary

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 6 Feb 2021, 12:58 am »
I'm in Denver, I have the Super 7s.

jn316

« Reply #5 on: 6 Feb 2021, 03:56 am »
Tyson's going to cut the top half of his speakers off and sell them to me.  :popcorn:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #6 on: 6 Feb 2021, 04:36 am »
Tyson's going to cut the top half of his speakers off and sell them to me.  :popcorn:

Only if you give me enough $$ to build out a pair of Line Forces :lol:

zenfishbike

« Reply #7 on: 6 Feb 2021, 04:57 pm »
Thanks Tyson and Gary. It might be summer before I get to the front range for other reasons BUT it's close enough that I may just decide to make a weekend of it sooner than that to scratch the itch! I do plan on being in CA and AZ in April.

SoCalWJS

« Reply #8 on: 6 Feb 2021, 05:14 pm »
Only if you give me enough $$ to build out a pair of Line Forces :lol:
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I sure hope that the “New” Neo 10’s are getting closer to a reality.  :thumb:

Zenfishbike -

I have the Super 7’s as well. (I also have a pair of Super V’s that can be hooked up for a Demo of the dual OB Servo Subs)

They are NOT in a dedicated room and it is not a very good room for Audio on top of that, but I still LOVE them. Southern SLO County. A bit off the beaten path. I run a Hybrid system almost exclusively (HT Receiver with subs) - it’s sooooooo convenient.

zenfishbike

« Reply #9 on: 8 Feb 2021, 03:15 pm »
Thanks for the offer SoCalWJS, would have enjoyed a jaunt down the coast but with the washout of Hwy 1 could be tough for a while...

SoCalWJS

« Reply #10 on: 9 Feb 2021, 01:51 pm »
Thanks for the offer SoCalWJS, would have enjoyed a jaunt down the coast but with the washout of Hwy 1 could be tough for a while...

Yeah, poor Ol' Hwy 1. Gets washed out every couple of years when the inevitable "Big Storm" hits. This one is going to take awhile. My wife keeps saying that one of these times, they're just going to throw up their arms and say it's just not practical to rebuild and try to keep it open and there will just be a gap for a ways (Julia Pfeiffer Burns Redwoods to Ragged Point?).

Happy my Wife and I managed to drive it about a year ago after it reopened. It was PACKED though. We made our traditional stop at Nepenthe/Phoenix Shop. Parking lots were completely full. Had to park at a pull out about 1/4 mile away and walk back. Lost track of how many languages we heard. German, Japanese, Scandanavian (not sure which), Asian (Cantonese?), Spanish, Portugese at a minimum. It really is a world wide attraction. It was still a great day. We started well north of SF and went across the GG early on a Sunday, then drove through the West side of the City noting all the Famous landmarks. Skipped down the 101 til Monterey before ducking back over to the 1. Geesh was that a traffic disaster all the way to south of Carmel.

Worth it though.

101 still open and much quicker, but not very pretty in comparison.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 9 Feb 2021, 02:49 pm »
:drool: :drool: :drool:

I sure hope that the “New” Neo 10’s are getting closer to a reality.  :thumb:

From Danny's test samples I took a look at back in October, it's looking highly unlikely for now..
None of them had the dampening layer between the diaphragm and magnets. Tho, one of them did have thin strips of dampener between the magnets which was really odd.. lol

But it really comes down to being able to communicate with the manufacturers in China/Taiwan, which isn't always easy, even when both parties are speaking the same language..

Hopefully one of these days, a suitable replacement can be had!  :thumb: