Teac AL700P "All-Battery" Modification is here!

mcgsxr

« Reply #20 on: 13 Mar 2005, 02:02 pm »
PM me your email, and I will email it to you - I warn you it is not exactly going to flesh out a ton, but I am glad to send it over, if you like.

TheChairGuy

« Reply #21 on: 13 Mar 2005, 10:12 pm »
Thanks ryno for checking that out for me....et tu, Good Doctor DM and Mark the Canuck, for your inputs.

I'm really gonna' think about this move - it's such an attractive possibility as I keep finding that I am having a hard time enjoying any box speaker these days.  

Cripes Vinnie, this is a doozy of an mod idea with the TEAC!

Dmason

« Reply #22 on: 13 Mar 2005, 10:33 pm »
"I find I am having a hard time enjoying box speakers nowadays."

--No kidding. Get rid of the box, get rid of the crossovers, get rid of the tweeters, get rid of AC power, get rid of upsampling, out go the digital filters, what else is left? ....the less I have going on, the sound gets better.

LESS = MORE

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that boxes and crossovers are something I actually want to avoid at all cost, if I am to enjoy music. My ears have become so accustomed to open baffle speakers, that for me, this is THE way to go. No wonder they are catching on. ...Again. Everything old is new again.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #23 on: 14 Mar 2005, 02:10 am »
Quote from: TheChairGuy

I'm really gonna' think about this move - it's such an attractive possibility as I keep finding that I am having a hard time enjoying any box speaker these days.  

Cripes Vinnie, this is a doozy of an mod idea with the TEAC!

ChairGuy,

Thanks!  It took a lot of late night research and solder flux inhalation, but it was well worth it.  :dance:  

This is probably as close as you can get to the sound of a Clari-T-Amp (seductive all-battery powered Tripath sound), but with more power...for those who always wanted more power, and weren't afraid to ask  :lol:

Feel free to post here or email me if you have any questions.

Regards,

ludavico

« Reply #24 on: 14 Mar 2005, 10:08 pm »
Vinnie, you finally did it...a battery-powered A-L700P   :!:

Just one question:  Do you think it is worthwhile converting  two Teacs to battery power and running them in mono mode?

Thanks,
John

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #25 on: 15 Mar 2005, 12:08 am »
Quote from: ludavico
Vinnie, you finally did it...a battery-powered A-L700P   :!:

Just one question:  Do you think it is worthwhile converting  two Teacs to battery power and running them in mono mode?

Thanks,
John

Hi John,

I have not heard two Teacs in mono mode, so I cannot comment at this time if it is a worthwhile improvement.  If I get the chance to do the comparison, I'll be sure to post my findings...

Thanks,