Anyone have the new Lake Street Dive?

ctviggen

Anyone have the new Lake Street Dive?
« on: 5 May 2018, 10:33 am »
I have the original CD by Lake Street Dive (called Lake Street Dive), and I really liked it. I'm not so sure about this one:

http://www.nonesuch.com/journal/watch-lake-street-dive-performs-free-yourself-cbs-morning-saturday-2018-04-28?eml=2018May4/4313996/6011771&etsubid=190204402

Does anyone have this?  If so, how does it compare to the original?

orthobiz

Re: Anyone have the new Lake Street Dive?
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2018, 07:51 pm »
I have heard Good Kisser once. I find I have to hear their songs a few times to warm up to them and then can't get them out of my head. Kinda like listening to songs on the radio, back in the day...you wind up craving them eventually.

They are wonderful, I've seen them live twice and highly recommend them. For a new album purchase, Bad Self Portraits would be the next step, IMHO. If you go vinyl on that, you MUST get Nobody Knows What I'm Doing Here on the 7" single, it's not included on the album.  I was a slave to that song on youtube...it's a must!

And do not, I repeat, do NOT pass up the opportunity to see them this summer, they are on tour.

BTW I was in a record store in Peoria IL yesterday and asked if he had the new Lake Street Dive and he said "who? never heard of them!"

Paul

dolsey01

Re: Anyone have the new Lake Street Dive?
« Reply #2 on: 7 May 2018, 03:01 pm »
While it's not my favorite LSD album, it's been growing on me.  I haven't had time to listen to the record since it arrived but I have listened to the album on Spotify a few times.