Replacing BMC speakers, and ??

branislav

Re: Vapor Audio systems
« Reply #21 on: 18 Mar 2015, 07:44 pm »
Great looking speaker fitting the room perfectly

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #22 on: 18 Mar 2015, 08:20 pm »
Man! Those Arcus look like they just came from the gym pumping some serious iron! Way bigger than I thought they were. Beautiful!

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #23 on: 18 Mar 2015, 09:34 pm »
Man! Those Arcus look like they just came from the gym pumping some serious iron! Way bigger than I thought they were. Beautiful!

And those aren't even the final cabinet size.  The new ones are even larger, with a front slot port.

You need to go to the gym to pump iron just to feel comfortable moving them around.  They are HEAVY!!!

:weights:

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #24 on: 18 Mar 2015, 09:54 pm »
And those aren't even the final cabinet size.  The new ones are even larger, with a front slot port.

You need to go to the gym to pump iron just to feel comfortable moving them around.  They are HEAVY!!!

:weights:

So are the ones shown here a custom design Arcus? Or have you since changed the previous cabinet to a new larger one?

They are beefy, which I like!  :D

csmgolf

« Reply #25 on: 18 Mar 2015, 10:20 pm »

Here is my set up. The room is an old bedroom converted into a dedicated listening room. Dimensions are 12 x 15 1/2 x 8 with the system set up on the long wall. Center of the tweeters are about 7 feet apart and I sit about 8 feet away. Speakers are Arcus in Brazilian Rosewood. They have Duelund resistors, Clarity MR caps and the ambience tweeters. The low end is augmented by a Rythmik Audio F12 SE that is blended and eq'd with a Velodyne SMS1. The sources are a North Star Designs CD192 transport upsampling to 192Khz to North Star Excelsio DAC via Revelation Audio Labs I2S cable. I also have a DC powered Sound Science music vault that feeds the Excelsio via a Audioquest Diamond USB cable. The amp is an Exemplar modified LSA Statement integrated amp. It has a tube preamp section feeding a mosfet amplifier and puts out 150 wpc into 8 ohms and 300 wpc into 4 ohms. I also have an Aragon 4T2 tuner and use an upgraded Audio Magic Stealth power conditioner. Cables are mix and match and include High Fidelity Ct1 interconnect, MG Audio Design Planus 3 speaker cables, Mosaic Chimera rca. Room treatment are various GIK panels.

I feel like I am getting very near where I want to end up. The sound has really come into its own in the last couple of months. They play everything from intimate, small scale music to bombastic heavy metal. It handles anything I throw at it with ease, playing with finesse, power, and scale. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Pete Schumacher

• Industry Participant
  • It's all in the pursuit
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #26 on: 18 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm »
So are the ones shown here a custom design Arcus? Or have you since changed the previous cabinet to a new larger one?

They are beefy, which I like!  :D

That's the original cabinet.  We beefed up the construction after learning a few things via the vacuum bag and the tremendous pressures it creates.  Thicker walls was the answer so while we're at it, we added the front slot port like Nimbus and Joule.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #27 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:06 am »
Thanks for posting pics of your room Cris, great to finally see it! 

I'll post a picture of the new front ported Arcus cabs, we even have an original cab I can put next to it for comparison.  Things just keep getting bigger and bigger around here, customers like it ... my back hates it.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #28 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:08 am »
Replacing BMC speakers, and ??

Capriccio Continuo Aurelea 309 are the other speakers, quite a mouth full

KLH007

« Reply #29 on: 20 Mar 2015, 05:43 pm »
Capriccio Continuo Aurelea 309 are the other speakers, quite a mouth full

I just read the 6 Moons review of the 309s, kudos to the Vapors for replacing both the BMC and CCA 309s. At 2014 RMAF, my buddy and I literally fought for the sweet spot in the Vapor room with Joule Blacks and Verastarr cables, one of the top 3 rooms for me at the show, WOW dynamics and extreme resolution/detail that walked the fine line between information and edgy, falling on the good side of that equation. The Joules ( and the entire system) were just head and shoulders more engaging than most other rooms including many wildly expensive ones.

csmgolf

« Reply #30 on: 21 Mar 2015, 10:43 am »
Thanks Ryan. It really is sounding terrific right now. Of course, there is a big change coming later this year that should really take things up a couple of notches.  :wink:

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #31 on: 21 Mar 2015, 06:29 pm »
I just read the 6 Moons review of the 309s, kudos to the Vapors for replacing both the BMC and CCA 309s. At 2014 RMAF, my buddy and I literally fought for the sweet spot in the Vapor room with Joule Blacks and Verastarr cables, one of the top 3 rooms for me at the show, WOW dynamics and extreme resolution/detail that walked the fine line between information and edgy, falling on the good side of that equation. The Joules ( and the entire system) were just head and shoulders more engaging than most other rooms including many wildly expensive ones.

I didn't realize you were so taken with them, thank you for sharing.  After the pitiful 'official' coverage from RMAF this year, attendee feedback was even more important. 

KLH007

« Reply #32 on: 21 Mar 2015, 10:52 pm »
Ryan & Pete, I was one of the "official" reporters on your room; see http://enjoythemusic.com/rmaf_2014/holt/RMAF_Show_Report_Part_1_2.htm. Your room was top tier, and bargain priced compared to the competition.
007KLH, AKA Kemper Holt

Eugene2

« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2015, 01:19 am »
I enjoyed that setup so much I replicated part of it.  I'll post pictures of my system this week as I am close to getting my Odyssey a Kismet amps back.  So for now I have:
Vapor Sound upgraded Cirrus with Joule midrange and bass section with Dueland RS caps, Nordost footers
Odyssey Kismet integrated upgraded to full dual mono Kismet amps with Tube preamp with outboard power supply
PS audio DSD and PWT with Synergistic ECT and SR red fuses installed
Antipodes DX music server
Supra Cat 7 network cable
Verastarr Grand Illusion biwre speaker cables
Verastarr Grand Illusion Signature power cables, interconnects and USB
ZenWave Surge X power conditioner
Alan Maher earth ground
Alan Maher Speaker Filters
2 Nordost Quantum QV2 and 1 QK1
Akiko tuning sticks
8 Auralex Diffussion panels
12 Auralex Corner Bass
4 GIK panels

GentleBender

« Reply #34 on: 24 Mar 2015, 08:41 pm »
Not saying this stuff is cheap, but I'm sure there are many out there that have spent so much more and not achieved this level of sound. Everyone has their own opinion of what sounds great and this is mine, and so far everyone I've had over. In fact they want to bring their favorite records over and enjoy them on my system, I should start charging a cover charge at the door.  :green:

System
Source: Audio Technica AT-LP120-USB turntable
Phono Stage: Odyssey Audio Suspiro
Amp: Odyssey Audio Cyclops SE++
Speakers: Vapor Audio Auroras
Subwoofer: Polk Audio PSW505 12-Inch Powered Subwoofer
Interconnects: Blue Jean Cables LC-1 Stereo Audio Cables
Speaker Cables: Silverback Speaker Wire by Sewell, 12 AWG, OFC, 259 Strand Count
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2015, 07:34 pm by GentleBender »

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #35 on: 24 Mar 2015, 11:56 pm »
Bender,

Congratulations on finding a system that brings so much joy to you and your wife. It really makes a difference, doesn't it?

I have one request of you...your wife actually. Could I hire your wife to somehow teach my wife to appreciate music the way your wife does? I love my wife, but she just doesn't get it. Oh, she listens to music when she exercises, but she doesn't just sit there and marvel at how good it can sound. She's quite satisfied with MP3 quality and with really poorly recorded music.  :duh:

I envy you this quality your wife has.

bajaed

« Reply #36 on: 25 Mar 2015, 03:39 am »
Congrats Bender! As I've mentioned before,  I know how great these sound after spending several hours listening to them. There really is a depth, dynamic  presence and clarity that floors you when first hearing Vapor speakers.

Good news is it doesn't go away!

GentleBender

« Reply #37 on: 25 Mar 2015, 09:47 am »
Bender,

Congratulations on finding a system that brings so much joy to you and your wife. It really makes a difference, doesn't it?

I have one request of you...your wife actually. Could I hire your wife to somehow teach my wife to appreciate music the way your wife does? I love my wife, but she just doesn't get it. Oh, she listens to music when she exercises, but she doesn't just sit there and marvel at how good it can sound. She's quite satisfied with MP3 quality and with really poorly recorded music.  :duh:

I envy you this quality your wife has.

Thanks Mresseguie!

It makes a big difference to have a system reproduce sounds cleanly and better than you've ever heard. Some of these records sound better than seeing them live since you are in the front row.

I am very lucky that she grew up around music and has learned to appreciate good music. Unfortunately I don't think it is something easily taught. :cry: Our musical tastes have grown from being exposed to each other's music. We may not enjoy everything the other likes, but can find a quality in the music to enjoy, even if it is just the recording quality. I spend a great deal more time listening to music in the "Office", and she will come back there to listen for a bit. At least that is what she thinks until the music hypnotized her.  :lol:
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2015, 06:55 pm by GentleBender »

Eugene2

« Reply #38 on: 29 Mar 2015, 02:53 pm »
Finally received my Odyssey Kismet back maxed out "dual mono style". So installed it last night and let it run. Been listening for a while and decided while I'm still waiting for the return of my Antipodes I can post some pictures of my system.

Eugene2

« Reply #39 on: 29 Mar 2015, 03:01 pm »