SACD ripping using a PS3

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
Re: SACD ripping using a PS3
« Reply #200 on: 15 Oct 2013, 02:22 pm »
Ted,

Please send me the latest SACD ripper version.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Done.

Androvox

« Reply #201 on: 17 Oct 2013, 11:49 pm »
Hey Ted,

I wasn't very lucky with my first PS3 acquisition - it was dead on arrival. So...had to get another one which I'm hoping to receive in few days. In the mean time I was wondering if could have the guide for SACD ripping using a PS3. Being a new member I cannot send PMs, so I'm not sure what I need to do.

Thank you in advance.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #202 on: 21 Oct 2013, 08:23 pm »
Andrew,
PM sent.  :)

Horologium

« Reply #203 on: 23 Oct 2013, 08:21 pm »
Hello everybody!

Ted, firstly I would like to say Thank you, it's really great project!)
I have a PS3 that could understand SACD with 1.9 firmware, should I upgrade it till 3.55 before custom?

And would be really great if you send me the latest SACD ripper and keys file and...may be something else, I don't know, what I should have for preparing my PS3, yeah, this is my first time;)

Than you!
Anton

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #204 on: 24 Oct 2013, 02:02 pm »
Horolgium,
Welcome to AC and my HizRez Circle.  I will send you a PM with the ripper links and instructions, my guide, etc.

Leave the PS3 at 1.9.  The OtherOS firmware will take it to their own 3.55.

Ted

Horologium

« Reply #205 on: 24 Oct 2013, 02:48 pm »
Thank you for your help!)

BrianL7

« Reply #206 on: 24 Oct 2013, 08:04 pm »
Ted, Mr. Wicked and all,

I've been tracking this for some time and have been pondering the acquisition of a PS3 for ripping.  I think my kids got bored at PS2, so we've never gone beyond.  I have a few questions.  Pardon if they are repeats, but I haven't seen definitive answers; perhaps I've just glanced over them.

1. Many of the appropriate PS3 models I see for sale (eBay, etc.) have been proudly upgraded to more recent firmware than 3.55.  I see people offering (eBay, etc.) a service to re-zap whatever firmware and downgrade it to 3.55 (apparently the last vintage f/w  that allowed backwards compatibility with PS2 games ??).  Has anyone had experience downgrading their PS3 to 3.55 from one of these vendors in order to use the box for DSD ripping?

2. It still seems like this process still requires 3.55 .  True?

3. The infamous YSOD problem plagues earlier PS3s.  Given that Mr. Wicked's latest tools are network-based, is it even a concern if your machine experiences YSOD problems?

4. And lastly, I've never seen any comment about the useability of a PS3 for game playing after the f/w changes to enable DSD ripping?  I.E., can the kids still play games or does the PS3 become a ripping-only box?

Thanks in advance for your help

Carl_J

« Reply #207 on: 31 Oct 2013, 05:29 pm »
Done.

Ted- after about 40+ disks ripped successfully, I have run into some snags on .36.  Please send version .37.  I will try that and further testing before seeking further help here.

Thanks for all your tireless efforts.

Bobschneider

« Reply #208 on: 3 Nov 2013, 12:30 am »
Horolgium,
Welcome to AC and my HizRez Circle.  I will send you a PM with the ripper links and instructions, my guide, etc.

Leave the PS3 at 1.9.  The OtherOS firmware will take it to their own 3.55.

Ted

Hi, Ted.  I'm a new member and can't send PMs yet, but would like a copy of your guide.  Thanks!

shadowlight

« Reply #209 on: 12 Nov 2013, 11:35 pm »
Anyone run into issues with sacd_extract crashing?  Mine keeps crashing lately as soon as I try to start it.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #210 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:01 am »
What is an example ISO that crashes it?  Is it in your root directory?

shadowlight

« Reply #211 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:38 am »
What is an example ISO that crashes it?  Is it in your root directory?

I am getting the error message when trying to rip Glenn Gould 1955 Performance (Zenph Re-Performance) Bach: The Goldberg Variations.  I am going to try it from another system and see if that is also crashing.

Edit: Same issue from another system also.  I even tried ripping Diana Krall - When I Look In Your Eyes from the second pc which I had recently ripped couple of days ago.

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #212 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:46 am »
Has anything changed?  Are you using my bat files?

shadowlight

« Reply #213 on: 13 Nov 2013, 01:03 am »
Has anything changed?  Are you using my bat files?

No nothing has changed.  I even did a system restore to the date I had last ripped any sacd.  I am using your batch file to do network rip.

Edit: Here is a copy of the batch file for network iso rip that I am using which is the same one as before

@echo off
time /t
c:\dsd\sacd_extract.exe -I -ix.x.x.x:2002
time /t

ted_b

• Facilitator
« Reply #214 on: 13 Nov 2013, 01:18 am »
Could your IP address have changed?  Have you tried without the timer codes?  Have you tried a simple USB thumb drive rip, then use the DSF bat files to try sacd_extract again that way (i.e not server mode) ?

shadowlight

« Reply #215 on: 13 Nov 2013, 01:30 am »
Could your IP address have changed?  Have you tried without the timer codes?  Have you tried a simple USB thumb drive rip, then use the DSF bat files to try sacd_extract again that way (i.e not server mode) ?

No have not tried the usb drive.  Will give it a shot.  I assigned a static ip address but will double check.

northeastohiopcs

• Industry Participant
« Reply #216 on: 16 Nov 2013, 03:16 pm »
Ted, Mr. Wicked and all,

I've been tracking this for some time and have been pondering the acquisition of a PS3 for ripping.  I think my kids got bored at PS2, so we've never gone beyond.  I have a few questions.  Pardon if they are repeats, but I haven't seen definitive answers; perhaps I've just glanced over them.

1. Many of the appropriate PS3 models I see for sale (eBay, etc.) have been proudly upgraded to more recent firmware than 3.55.  I see people offering (eBay, etc.) a service to re-zap whatever firmware and downgrade it to 3.55 (apparently the last vintage f/w  that allowed backwards compatibility with PS2 games ??).  Has anyone had experience downgrading their PS3 to 3.55 from one of these vendors in order to use the box for DSD ripping?

2. It still seems like this process still requires 3.55 .  True?

3. The infamous YSOD problem plagues earlier PS3s.  Given that Mr. Wicked's latest tools are network-based, is it even a concern if your machine experiences YSOD problems?

4. And lastly, I've never seen any comment about the useability of a PS3 for game playing after the f/w changes to enable DSD ripping?  I.E., can the kids still play games or does the PS3 become a ripping-only box?

Thanks in advance for your help
1. Yes you can send an appropriate ps3 model to a downgrade service. Like myself or search ebay. I also offer system ready to go on 3.55. If purchasing a system to have downgraded please review the sellers feedback and warranty period. There are more unreliable system without warranties from the sellers than quality system on ebay
2. Yes. Unfortunately, you must be on 3.55 in order to install custom firmware.

3. I think you meant YLOD. This is a problem with the gpu. The system will flash green then yellow and continue flashing red when attempting to boot. This requires a 100 dollar repair called reballing. To prevent the ylod I install fan mods. Also , you can install a pkg called fan mod utility to increase the fan speed using software control. You must install the custom firmware first. This is a major concern due to the age of these systems. they were produced 2007 to 2009.

4. You can still play games. Every game has a minimum firmware requirement. So a game released today would need 4.50  firmware. Since you must be on 3.55 you would need to copy the game to the internal hard drive. Then resign the eboot file for the game. You can google how to do this. You would need a back up manager install.The most common is multiman . All ps1 and ps2 games will still play from disk.Blu ray movies produced by sony also have a minimum PlayStation requirement. Yes I think that is corrupt also :). You would NOT be able to watch these blu rays from disk. You could rip them from multiman and convert the iso to mpeg and view using showtime player for the ps3.

MSMs1

« Reply #217 on: 8 Dec 2013, 09:57 am »
Hello all together!

first of all let me say thank you to the forum members and especially to Ted. I'm a newbie in ripping SACD with a PS3, not tried yet, the PS3 is on the way.....
Because of the Newbie-status I'm not allowed to send PM's. Ted: is it possible to send me your guide via PM?
Thanks in advance

ebag4

« Reply #218 on: 19 Dec 2013, 12:25 am »
I am looking at purchasing a PS3, does the software listed here fit the bill:

"PS3 backwards capable jailbroken on firmware 3.55. Has the latest Rogero on the system. System has multiman, and other emulators in the system now."

I know I am looking for 3.55 but am uncertain of the Rogero and Multiman software.  I have asked for the CECH # so if it is a A,B,C, or E machine I will pick this one up assuming the software is not an issue.

Thanks,
Ed

Phil A

« Reply #219 on: 19 Dec 2013, 12:28 am »
I am looking at purchasing a PS3, does the software listed here fit the bill:

"PS3 backwards capable jailbroken on firmware 3.55. Has the latest Rogero on the system. System has multiman, and other emulators in the system now."

I know I am looking for 3.55 but am uncertain of the Rogero and Multiman software.

Thanks,
Ed

Do you have the right PS3 Model (one that can play SACDs - it is one the 1st page of this thread:  http://www.ps3sacd.com/faq.html#_Toc180147566