For something completely different...my beautiful, old old baby

klaus@odyssey

YUP...and just came from the Vet...man,  she's doing great...obviously I'm a very happy daddy right now..

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
My pet turned 12 years old last month, he has had 9 urinal clogs on account of several solid feed brands, the biscuits, all solid food brands on the market create oxalate crystals in the urine and clog the urinary tract of male cats and sometimes even females.

He was castrated too early, I was inexperienced and fell into the idle talk of a woman veterinarian who wanted to make a profit on him.

germay0653

Our little Shi(t)...h Tzu/Terrier mix, Miss P - short for Penelope, and her feline buddy friend, Buddah!

Will

I grew up with dogs, too many to count.  My favorite was a nasty Cairn that took on the role of a scolding parent. Second favorite was a mellow lab.  In the mix was a three-legged Dobermann, a Welsh Springer, and a lot of mutts.  All good souls.

I'm lazy now and don't want to take walks in the rain.  Or snow.  Or anytime I don't want to walk.  So, thanks to my kids, I've become a cat person.

Giles is a good substitute for a dog.

I can't tell if Giles is smart or stupid, and I think he feels the same about me.

Arcticdeth

Here’s our beloved 110 pound Chow/Akita mix named Jeanxi (a combination of my mom and mother in laws name. Neither was happy with the choice).  She was a pound rescue with no history and a few ailments that were mended.

She was my wife and my first ‘child’.  She was protective (both humans and chickens) and loving and always eager to gently take your arm in her mouth and walk you around.  She shared 10 years of her life with us. We miss her and think about her often.  Rest In Peace Jeanxi.

That stereo looks amazing, so jealous!
Still working on my first Kismet pair.  Hopefully around christmas time.

My beloved “Sheena” rip. Is my avatar.
Amazing, smart, tough as nails. She dropped a 70lb pit bull, a uncles shepard “shana” @ 80lbs
And a few “thought I was rough” dogs at he Chicago dog beach.
 Her buddy was a 180lb English mastiff, “Twinkie”.
Sheena was one helluva dog, at only about 60lbs, she was a helluva scrapper. My friends even commented at her defeat over my friend Sean’s pit bull and the 80+lb German Shepard at the dog beach.
In her prime, she was one tough SOB! PROYECTED ME with her life twice, and pounced on my cousins lil chihuahua. Story is cool, and makes me smile.......
I had just put my hand out, palm down to my cousins dog, honestly...... I seen the little shit snarl and one second before her charge to vote my hand, my Sheena who was on my right last time checked, came in on my left one second before the dog could strike, and pounced, paws on his body mouth on neck, lil dog was socked,p sqeelong like crazy, as my Sheena just held her ground until I grabbed her.
   She was amazing and I miss her.  One in a million.  And she’s gone.
I miss her iommensly.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated

The girl who broke my heart.

Abbey

January 2004 - November 2018

I.Greyhound Fan

Beautiful dog.  Was she a Curly Coated Retriever?  Or an Irish Water Spaniel?  I think the former.

MttBsh

When I think about the things that bring joy to life, dogs are towards the top of the list.

PDR

• May the best man win
Im a lucky guy when it comes to animals.
Raising and breeding arabian horses on farm in Canada, we have tons
of room for cats and dogs. It also lets me play music
at any time at any level. Dogs will always be in my life.

These are mine posing on the couch for pics and shedding
hairs in my music room.
The jack russel has been my constant companion for
over 12 yrs now, the collie mix is my wifes, and the
boxer shares herself with the whole family....shes only 2.

LesterSleepsIn

Beautiful dog.  Was she a Curly Coated Retriever?  Or an Irish Water Spaniel?  I think the former.

Abbey was a curly coat retriever. My wife would say that she had me wrapped around her little dew claw ever since the first day she puppy pranced through the doorway.

The dog books describe curlies as loveable constant companions and ‘deviously intelligent’. I’d add stubborn, bossy (in the case of Abbey) and goofballs. Owners of curlies affectionately refer to them as ‘squirlies’. Abbey was a therapy dog for shut-ins and people loved her.

LesterSleepsIn

These are mine posing on the couch for pics and shedding
hairs in my music room.
The jack russel has been my constant companion for
over 12 yrs now, the collie mix is my wifes, and the
boxer shares herself with the whole family....shes only 2.

Those three don’t look spoiled at all, PDR. No sir, not one bit.

steverii

"The average dog is a better person than the average person."  Andy Rooney

undertowogt1

My Dog is not spoiled at all either.  :lol:
7 year old Whippet Female named Shubie of course

LesterSleepsIn

My Dog is not spoiled at all either.  :lol:
7 year old Whippet Female named Shubie of course

Sweet dog, happy (sleeping!) kids!

LesterSleepsIn

"The average dog is a better person than the average person."  Andy Rooney

There’s an old expression from my Southern upbringing:

“The worst dog fishing is better than the best person working.”

I might not have that exactly right.

I.Greyhound Fan

Awful day today.  I had to euthanize my 11 yo 7 month Giant Schnauzer due to bone cancer. He had a great run at life.  If not for that, he may have made it another year.   I had a Vet come to my home and it was stress free for him.  We had been controlling his pain up until the last couple  of days and he looked haggard.  But this morning he greeted me all happy, tail wagging like nothing was wrong.  My son took him for 1 last car ride to the park and he loved it. 

He will be greatly missed. 

RIP old friend.

klaus@odyssey

Man...so very,  very sorry.............................

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Bad news, I sorry for your loss ((
My cat have 12 yo, thanks Lord that after I have suspended solid food those cookies of famous brands and passed to give only stew boiled with water without salt his health has improved a lot and now he can walk and run like a young cat.

I.Greyhound Fan

Bad news, I sorry for your loss ((
My cat have 12 yo, thanks Lord that after I have suspended solid food those cookies of famous brands and passed to give only stew boiled with water without salt his health has improved a lot and now he can walk and run like a young cat.

Thanks, it was a huge loss.  Zeus was my shadow and our family guardian. 

Diet is so important with pets.  Although, my Italian Greyhound lived to be 19 eating mostly the cheapest canned dog food-Pedigree.  I bought all sorts of expensive, high quality dog food for her but she would not eat it.  She ate mostly Pedigree can food at 79 cents a can and some Science Diet kibble.  Go figure.

Larry

Arcticdeth

My baby, (in photo) SHEENA
I had to put down a few years ago, I was tears before, during, and months after, and to this day I get a few tears when I’m alone, thinking of her. Sharp as a razor old Sheena, catch a rabbit in 6-10 strides, fast, and tough, never lost a scrap, she was only 60lbs in her prime, but took out a 4 yr old pit, a huge full Shepard at a dog beach, and my uncles Shepard at about 90lbs, she was a wicked scrapper, and I miss her protecting me.

My old English mastiff (Twinkie) at 160lbs, was a friggin beast, together they killed a coyote, those guys are mess as a dog shit*ing glass.
 They brought just the back half to our door one late afternoon, wife called me said Sheena was dead, I sped home,  OT Sheena, it was the coyote, Sheena was still in the fields fighting the other coyote.

Well over 150 stitches between the two dogs,  they lived full lives, and kept our land free of vermin.

Proud of my old dogs.
Miss them.