Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #160 on: 30 Nov 2015, 12:17 am »
The Walking Dead.  :thumb:

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #161 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:42 am »
This is going on my watchlist for sure.  Its Amazon Prime, but hope it comes out some other way.

https://youtu.be/zQhXKW5SwGA

Glad that they made a series inspired by the alternate history novel by Phillip K Dick. An interesting writer.

Other movies inspired by the works of Phillip K Dick:

Total Recall
The Adjustment Bureau
A Scanner Darkly
Minority Report
Blade Runner

and others...

This one is directed by Ridley Scott who also did Blade Runner

low.pfile

« Reply #162 on: 30 Nov 2015, 09:21 am »
Netflix's own production of Marvel Comics' 'Jessica Jones'
A dark, psychological, action/drama series.

I'm only on episode #2

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #163 on: 4 Dec 2015, 09:16 am »
I just finished Ep 2 and I'm hooked! :thumb:  Great show.  Up there with Daredevil.  While I'm a big Marvel fan I'm not familiar with Jones, Cage, etc. so this will be a fun ride.

BTW, I'm really anxious for season 2 of DD. :)

ajzepp

« Reply #164 on: 5 Dec 2015, 06:48 pm »
I'm on ep 4 of JJ, and while the story has been keeping me interested, I'm really getting annoyed by these efforts to make her "hard"...we get it...she loves alcohol and sex, and she is pro-abortion. Some of that stuff is just getting a bit over the top...wish they would focus on developing the story and characters like Daredevil did and stop with all these vices of hers.

milford3

« Reply #165 on: 5 Dec 2015, 07:48 pm »
This movie is hilarious. 

persisting1

« Reply #166 on: 8 Dec 2015, 07:59 pm »
Just finished River. I enjoyed Stellan Skarsgård's performance.

md92468

« Reply #167 on: 8 Dec 2015, 08:38 pm »
I'm on ep 4 of JJ, and while the story has been keeping me interested, I'm really getting annoyed by these efforts to make her "hard"...we get it...she loves alcohol and sex, and she is pro-abortion. Some of that stuff is just getting a bit over the top...wish they would focus on developing the story and characters like Daredevil did and stop with all these vices of hers.

It gets better as they get darker and deeper into the relationship between her and Killgrave. It's worth sticking with...overall it's pretty well done. I'd say it's more consistently good than Daredevil, though the latter's best moments exceeded those of JJ (IMO)....

soundbitten1

« Reply #168 on: 8 Dec 2015, 10:01 pm »
Luther

Luther is a brilliant but emotionally impulsive detective who is tormented by the dark side of humanity while hunting down murderers. Once the self-destructive detective knows the killer's identity, it becomes a psychological duel between predator and prey.

The first episode was very good.

jazzcourier

« Reply #169 on: 9 Dec 2015, 01:13 am »
 "Electric Boogaloo"........ Great doc on the Cannon film group and the two Israeli moguls who came,filmed and polluted the film industry with unbelievable dreck.Warning...excessive nudity from gorgeous gals.If you ever wondered how all these actors could get the unreal dollar figures,they were the guys who started that with Sylvester Stallone. It's on Netflix steaming,i meant streaming.Did i mention the excessive nudity?

weatherman1

« Reply #170 on: 9 Dec 2015, 01:43 am »
Just finished River. I enjoyed Stellan Skarsgård's performance.

I agree fully about River, Luther, and would also throw in Broadchurch and Jack Taylor.  All of these brit productions do an excellent job of character development with flawed, barely functioning, but succeeding police procedural's. 

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #171 on: 9 Dec 2015, 09:29 am »

Tonite I just finished EP 4, too.  I don't think she's hard- I think she's broken.

WGH

« Reply #172 on: 9 Dec 2015, 04:00 pm »
Jessica Jones is big fun, just be sure to leave enough time to watch the last 3 episodes (11, 12, & 13) in one sitting because the story line takes off like a runaway freight train.

asliarun

« Reply #173 on: 9 Dec 2015, 06:28 pm »
Broadchurch season 2 is out.

Going slow, watched a few episodes and waiting for it to pick up.
Then again, the first season was slow going as well.

charmerci

« Reply #174 on: 9 Dec 2015, 06:35 pm »
Broadchurch season 2 is out.

Going slow, watched a few episodes and waiting for it to pick up.
Then again, the first season was slow going as well.

Funny, I just saw the first season of Broadchurch and loved it but could see it would be slow for some. I guess one could watch Gracepoint instead. Goes faster with shorter editing cuts, slightly less great acting, prettier characters but no season two...yet?

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #175 on: 9 Dec 2015, 06:37 pm »
Just finished watching the second season of Broadchurch and loved it about as much as the first. It just sucked me in and I was glued.

WGH

« Reply #176 on: 10 Dec 2015, 03:16 am »
Coming up December 11th:

The Ridiculous 6 - a western
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUp7Qgimn38

with:
Adam Sandler
Taylor Lautner
Steve Buscemi
Terry Crews
Rob Schneider
Whitney Cummings
Harvey Keitel   
Nick Nolte
Frank Stockburn
Danny Trejo   
Luke Wilson
Steve Zahn
Will Forte
David Spade    
John Turturro    
Jorge Garcia

stlrman

« Reply #177 on: 10 Dec 2015, 04:55 pm »
Now that's a cast!!! :thumb: :thumb:

On my third episode of Luther. Very well done ! Thanks for the recommendation !

ajzepp

« Reply #178 on: 2 Jan 2016, 05:51 am »
It gets better as they get darker and deeper into the relationship between her and Killgrave. It's worth sticking with...overall it's pretty well done. I'd say it's more consistently good than Daredevil, though the latter's best moments exceeded those of JJ (IMO)....

Okay, I'll take your advice and start up again with it. I stopped after ep3, but am more than happy to continue watching.

As for The Man in the High Castle, I feel like Amazon did a bit of a bait and switch with this one. Like many others, I was pretty captivated after the first two eps and was eagerly awaiting the final 8 eps to be released. But this show just went nowhere for me. After a full 10 hours of viewing, I would have expected the overarching story to have advanced...but to me it didn't at all. It was just a series of people tripping over each other, making foolish decisions, and events that seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the actual premise of the show. That being said, the acting was very good and they did a great job making it really feel like America that had been taken over by the Germans/Japanese...but in terms of the plot, I give it very low marks. I felt like it ended up being a complete waste of my time in the end.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #179 on: 5 Jan 2016, 04:08 pm »
Cruel and Unusual

This was a pleasant surprise and just happened to come across it while looking for something else. The acting isn't the greatest, especially the lead role, but the story line was so interesting that I got hooked. Felt like I was watching a modern day twilight zone episode. If you're interested I recommend just watching it and not checking out the trailer.