Netflix: What to watch?

mick wolfe

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #100 on: 4 Feb 2015, 03:37 pm »
I just watched the video about Ginger Baker,beware of Mr. Baker.It is a must watch for any fan of Cream.

Agreed. Well done and what a durable( among other things) character.

won ton on

« Reply #101 on: 4 Feb 2015, 03:52 pm »
mike wolfe      He's a real class act lol.great drummer though.

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #102 on: 4 Feb 2015, 03:58 pm »
Forgive me if this has already been suggested. I just watched Stonehearst Asylum and will give it a strong recommendation. Based on a short story by Edgar Allen Poe, it thrill and surprise the most jaded movie goers amongst us. Another Netflix treasure.

Mike B.

« Reply #103 on: 4 Feb 2015, 06:52 pm »
I had a good friend visit for a couple days. We decided to stream a movie one night. We randomly picked Side Effects. It had escaped both of use when released. It is a very good film IMO.

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #104 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:49 pm »
A little late to the show but the wife and I just finished watching the first 3 episodes of House Of Cards.
I never thought I'd get sucked into what's basically a soap opera but I'm looking forward to watching a bunch more next Winter.

gregcss

« Reply #105 on: 21 Mar 2015, 05:21 pm »
A little late to the show but the wife and I just finished watching the first 3 episodes of House Of Cards.
I never thought I'd get sucked into what's basically a soap opera but I'm looking forward to watching a bunch more next Winter.

why wait till next winter when you can watch them now?

SteveFord

• Volunteer
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #106 on: 21 Mar 2015, 07:10 pm »
Because the weather is turning nice and I don't want to be cooped up inside if I don't have to be.
It is time to ride motorcycles and go fishing and boating.

Bemopti123

« Reply #107 on: 21 Mar 2015, 08:31 pm »
I finished watching Marco Polo about two weeks ago.  The beginning was interesting but towards the end, it dragged a bit perhaps due to the script writing and the attempt to elongate the story more than what is due. 

A good didactic series is the title Mankind the Story of All of Us which compiles many facts of history and science together.  Even my 9 year son was quite enthralled with the first episode.  I can already see myself finish all of them this weekend. 

wushuliu

« Reply #108 on: 22 Mar 2015, 12:51 am »
I started watching it, but I just get so sick of these food shows and movies where people bite into something and then act like they're having an orgasm...faces and everything. I get it...it tastes good...but enough already.  :duh:

We liked Chef a lot. It's a little cheesy but it hits its marks well. I like that Favreau still knows how to make a good, small film despite all his recent blockbuster work.

ajzepp

« Reply #109 on: 2 Apr 2015, 07:16 pm »
We liked Chef a lot. It's a little cheesy but it hits its marks well. I like that Favreau still knows how to make a good, small film despite all his recent blockbuster work.

Yeah, I typically like his stuff, too...and of course Swingers is a top-10 all time for me.

Rocket

« Reply #110 on: 3 Apr 2015, 03:49 am »
Hi,

I have signed up to Netflix recently as it has now come to Australia.  I enjoy it but it is disappointing that we only have 15% of the content that is available in the USA. 

Cheers Rod

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #111 on: 3 Apr 2015, 04:34 am »
Rod,

Are there any other pay per view services available to you?

I ask because I, too, have Netflix, but something like 80% of the content available to me isn't worth wasting my time to watch. That might be a bit severe, but it's so bad that I finally decided to try VUDU. I rent a movie for $2.99, $3.99 - even $5.99. VUDU helps round out for me what I find lacking in Netflix.

I'm really looking forward to trying out HBO's new service, HBO Go. Hopefully, this will fulfill my wants for TV based entertainment.

Michael

Rocket

« Reply #112 on: 3 Apr 2015, 12:15 pm »
Hi Michael,

It looks like Netflix has also partnered with Fetch TV which is an Australian streaming service.  I think it is about $30 per month extra to include it with Netflix. 

We have Foxtel which can cost about $100 per month and is quite expensive.

Regards Rod

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #113 on: 3 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm »
"Divergent" is an awesome movie. 2.5 hours long.
If you liked "Hunger Games", you'll like this.

EDIT: Link..... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1840309/
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2015, 01:41 am by Bob in St. Louis »

sts9fan

« Reply #114 on: 3 Apr 2015, 01:26 pm »
Louie Season 4

rodge827

« Reply #115 on: 3 Apr 2015, 09:49 pm »

We watched this the other night, based on recommendations here, and enjoyed it. A fun movie and a soundtrack to match.  :D

dB Cooper

« Reply #116 on: 4 Apr 2015, 12:15 am »
Hi,

I have signed up to Netflix recently as it has now come to Australia.  I enjoy it but it is disappointing that we only have 15% of the content that is available in the USA. 

Cheers Rod

That's too bad, considering that I find it practically impossible to find a movie I want to watch. It's all straight-to-video caca. Everything I search for- new, old, doesn't seem to matter- always seems to come up 'Not available for streaming'. Good for TV shows though and 'House of Cards' kicks ass.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #117 on: 4 Apr 2015, 01:40 am »
I read "somewhere", today in fact, that Netflix bought a company in Australia which will bring more streaming content to y'all.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #118 on: 4 Apr 2015, 02:53 am »
Just watched Beware of Mr. Baker thanks to this thread.  Uhm, wow.  Had not idea he was that incredible of a drummer.  His jazz and African based stuff was particularly impressive.  But what a monumental prick.

ajzepp

« Reply #119 on: 5 Apr 2015, 08:06 pm »
For those of you who are familiar with the Iron Sheik from wresting, "The Sheik" is available on netflix now. I rented it on Amazon a few months ago and loved it. This is truly one of the most interesting performers - meaning not just performers from pro wrestling - of all time. What an amazing story. I highly recommend it.