Stole, OK borrowed, my son's Chord Mojo/Poly/Audeze iSine10s...............

EDS_

1. I've missed this place A LOT over the last several years. Wrangling three kids through terminal degrees will do that. Yea I'm that kind of dad, sorry.

2. My oldest claims that he is a "music" guy not an audiophile...........well let me tell you his pint sized Chord Mojo, Chord Poly+Glider app/iPhone, Audeze iSine 10 playing HD tracks downloads (24-96 and 24-192) mostly............is SUBLIME! Playing Tidal through ROON is solid but not the same SQ.

I'm a recalcitrant metal stooge since the mid-70s. I'm listening to Korn - "Follow the Leader" now and just finished Slayer - "Seasons in the Abyss" a bit ago.........Oh my. This trend toward smaller/cheaper/faster - so far as, "on-head" listening is remarkable.

IIRC I posted some love song about the AudioQuest Red a while back...........that bit of kit is solid it's not the same.

Our British friends do drink terrible beer, eat scary food but man do they get the high end or what?

ETA - in my best Tom Araya voice, " Break the Skin With MY Fingertips"...............

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Cool intel.

I'm looking into the iSine10s. I've been using okay earbuds for a few years, but nothing to write about. I want to upgrade, and this is something to look into.

Thanks!

Michael

EDS_

Cool intel.

I'm looking into the iSine10s. I've been using okay earbuds for a few years, but nothing to write about. I want to upgrade, and this is something to look into.

Thanks!

Michael

I'm listening to the same rig but Black Sabbath/Ultimate Collection @ 24bit/96kHz....."Hole in the Sky" right now. I can't do it justice. There are levels of detail I simply didn't know about, and trying not being a jerk I have a really whiz bang primary system, this offers better resolutional detail at ~9% the money.....wait more like 6% the money.

gary

My portable/work system for the past several years is a Chord Mojo and Campfire Audio Andromedas. I haven't been satisfied with the digital sound in my main system for ages but that's not true of the Chord/Campfire combo, the pair was probably the best investment in audio gear I've made to date (luckily despite how locked down my work computer is I was able to open the port in the firewall to allow me to stream from my home computer via JRiver).

gary

EDS_

My portable/work system for the past several years is a Chord Mojo and Campfire Audio Andromedas. I haven't been satisfied with the digital sound in my main system for ages but that's not true of the Chord/Campfire combo, the pair was probably the best investment in audio gear I've made to date (luckily despite how locked down my work computer is I was able to open the port in the firewall to allow me to stream from my home computer via JRiver).

gary

Subversive activities in efforts to improve listening.......love it! I haven't listened to them but understand the Andromedas are spectacular.

gary

It was a huge splurge for me, $1100 for a pair of IEMs, and I did more hours researching than I care to admit before I took the plunge and bought them. But since I got the Andromedas I've had no posts and spent zero time at head-fi, and I haven't regretted the investment for a second. Already the cost is down to less than $1/hour of listening and I expect to have them many more years so ultimately that'll be more like $0.25. And honestly at well under $2k the pair is something of a bargain when you consider how good both sound, and especially when you consider kind of money you have to spend to get into the same ballpark with a stereo.

mr_bill

Hi Gary
I looked at the Andromedas once and thought of getting them. I have a pair of older Nuforce IEMs and I have a Sony NWZX2 DAP. I just wasn’t sure if the Andromeda would be much of a step up over the Nuforce?

Also, do you like the andromeda over a pair of regular over ear headphones?

Thanks
Bill

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Gary,

Thank you for mentioning your Andromeda IEMs. Until now, I didn't know Campfire Audio existed. I'm 90 miles south of Portland, so I may just have to visit them soon. My tiny world expands...

:thumb:

Michael

gary

Hi Gary
I looked at the Andromedas once and thought of getting them. I have a pair of older Nuforce IEMs and I have a Sony NWZX2 DAP. I just wasn’t sure if the Andromeda would be much of a step up over the Nuforce?

Also, do you like the andromeda over a pair of regular over ear headphones?

Thanks
Bill

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer IEMs to cans. They block out background sound, no one else can hear them, and they don't cause my ears to sweat. Plus, I need to be able to carry them with me for work and when I travel so it's a no brainer going with IEMs. As long as your source is up to the task, and it sounds like yours is, then in my book the Andromeda are worth the asking price too. I can listen to any of my cheaper pairs and still enjoy it, but the transparency and resolution that the Andromedas bring to the table is really something special. They're all about clarity though, anyone who wants sort of rolled-off highs or emphasized boomy bass would not like this sound at all. I've seen used pairs for $650 or so I think, pretty low risk if you decide to resell them because you won't lose much.

Conrad

I'm lucky enough to have a Chord Mojo/Poly combination, they do sound fantastic. They went through a rough patch with their config (releasing the control app very late for Android, for example) but they seem to be on top of that now. I suspect it's because they farmed the app development out to 3rd party.

Sounds great through my IEMs.