Tyson's Line Force Review

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
Re: Tyson's Line Force Review
« Reply #80 on: 10 Aug 2020, 06:50 pm »
Some   have been able to secure   enough Neo10's from  Parts Express.
We are actually   getting ready to  do a limited run of  the  cabinets  again

Cabinets  come pre-glued with bolt on bases  and cross over  boards as pictured. .All   orders  require 50% up front,   material for these is  not   inexpensive and machining time   is extensive..... there is  a  lot of attention to detail in this design,  nothing is left unfinished.

If interested    captainhemo@shaw.ca

jay

Glad to her there's a round of these coming soon!
If only i could afford such a killer speaker.. But i have no doubt I'll be happy with my soon-to-come Studio Monitor for years to come.  :thumb:

david45

« Reply #81 on: 11 Aug 2020, 03:48 pm »
Some   have been able to secure   enough Neo10's from  Parts Express.
We are actually   getting ready to  do a limited run of  the  cabinets  again

Cabinets  come pre-glued with bolt on bases  and cross over  boards as pictured. .All   orders  require 50% up front,   material for these is  not   inexpensive and machining time   is extensive..... there is  a  lot of attention to detail in this design,  nothing is left unfinished.

If interested    captainhemo@shaw.ca

jay

I sure hope for everyone that Danny can make it happen at some point, hopefully sometimes soon. 🤞
He certainly deserves it!!

$320 per driver like I ended up paying is not for the faint of heart!! But sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet...  :green:

Captainhemo

« Reply #82 on: 11 Aug 2020, 07:54 pm »
I sure hope for everyone that Danny can make it happen at some point, hopefully sometimes soon. 🤞
He certainly deserves it!!

$320 per driver like I ended up paying is not for the faint of heart!! But sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet...  :green:

Painter all good with  your  color   too   :)

jay

david45

« Reply #83 on: 11 Aug 2020, 08:42 pm »
Painter all good with  your  color   too   :)

jay

Thanks for the update, Jay!!

I should know in exactly 2 weeks whether or not I’m moving into a bigger place, in which case I will most definitely need to add a pair of triple subs to replace my duals like we talked about as well as a matching pair of studio monitors!! Yes...your buddy Mike (Mivera) was able to convince me to splurge on a second 4-channel Puremusic! 😆

Now if only the Canada-US border could reopen....that and my bank account that’s hurting lol

mcallister

« Reply #84 on: 23 Dec 2021, 01:40 pm »
Bringing this thread back. Will these be available at some point still or did Danny never find a Neo 10 to his liking?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #85 on: 24 Dec 2021, 12:53 pm »
We have a pair chassis incoming for a customer that will make use of the Parts-Express "GRS" Neo10 clones. We'll likely need to re design the crossover for this version

But beyond that, we dont have plans to resurrect the original model.
We are still waiting on some new sample planar drivers that will be larger than the original Neo10s.

Redheart

« Reply #86 on: 24 Dec 2021, 02:25 pm »
Would be great to redesign it around the GRS drivers.

AKLegal

« Reply #87 on: 24 Dec 2021, 05:54 pm »
We are still waiting on some new sample planar drivers that will be larger than the original Neo10s.

How much larger? Are we talking larger driver or just a larger exterior?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #88 on: 24 Dec 2021, 06:42 pm »
How much larger? Are we talking larger driver or just a larger exterior?

Larger overall, but we still haven't received a sample to play around with.

joesap

« Reply #89 on: 12 Jan 2022, 10:23 pm »
Hobbs, have you guys received the Cabinets for the customer project with the PE Neo 10s yet? My guess is that the PE Neo 10s won't hold a candle to the hopefully upcoming Neo10s from GR but I was just wondering how they turned out.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #90 on: 13 Jan 2022, 03:01 pm »
Not yet, unfortunately.

joesap

« Reply #91 on: 13 Jan 2022, 04:50 pm »
Thanks Hobbs. Looking forward to hearing about these as well as the new upcoming 10s.

Saw that Danny has designed a new NQ 8". Are there any plans for a non NQ version?

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #92 on: 13 Jan 2022, 06:21 pm »
Thanks Hobbs. Looking forward to hearing about these as well as the new upcoming 10s.

Saw that Danny has designed a new NQ 8". Are there any plans for a non NQ version?

Not at the moment, but we may work on that sometime in the future if we have an interesting idea that could use them.

david45

« Reply #93 on: 14 Jan 2022, 11:32 am »
Not yet, unfortunately.

The last update I got from Jay was that 80% of the composite material has been ready for ages but they don’t have resin to do the last 20%. There is a massive shortage but they should be able to get some shortly 🤞

The order included material for 3 pairs of Line Force speakers. 2 with original BG planars and 1 using GRS drivers.