need Help for Audio PC

this_is_vv

need Help for Audio PC
« on: 19 Aug 2013, 02:56 pm »
So my new found love Rdio.com , i can make playlist save songs etc and streaming quality is really beautiful if not 320kbps but i think decent 128K upwards.

Why i love it more. I can run this on a PC and i can open Rdio app on my phone and control whats playing on that PC the Rdio app act as a remote for the PC it is running. So i can search  new song from my phone and it will run on the PC.

So most of my music is in network hard drive which currently is being played by linux MPD. Now because of this new rdio i need to make a PC that can let me sort and go through all the music like way Linux MPD but also should be able to stream rdio. The current Linux MPD cant do.

And i am open for a good quality system suggestions. CAPS server etc?

V

skunark

Re: need Help for Audio PC
« Reply #1 on: 19 Aug 2013, 06:30 pm »
With an iPhone you can easily stream RDIO to an airplay device like an Apple TV (hdmi, toslink), Airport Express (toslink) or the many other devices supporting airplay.   For an Android I assume the chromecast (hdmi) allows supported apps to stream just like airplay apps.

BTW: you can configure mpd to use spotify (despotify) with the premium account.

this_is_vv

« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2013, 07:28 pm »
With an iPhone you can easily stream RDIO to an airplay device like an Apple TV (hdmi, toslink), Airport Express (toslink) or the many other devices supporting airplay.   For an Android I assume the chromecast (hdmi) allows supported apps to stream just like airplay apps.

BTW: you can configure mpd to use spotify (despotify) with the premium account.

Well in my case Rdio just acts as remote and everything  is run on the PC.I am also not sure how MPD will work on airport on top of that all the flac files i have saved....

V

skunark

« Reply #3 on: 19 Aug 2013, 09:57 pm »
Well in my case Rdio just acts as remote and everything  is run on the PC.I am also not sure how MPD will work on airport on top of that all the flac files i have saved....

V
RDIO is a streaming service, but I don't think it actually plays your local files, but just creates a playlist for you based on the files, but if it does then that's great.   

MPD doesn't support airplay, my only comment there is that another streaming service called Spotify which can work with MPD if you have the premium paid account.   If you haven't tried it yet, you might give it a shot since it's a lot like RDIO.   Only a suggestion though...

Jim