Sold: Thiel CS-1.5 speakers $375 plus shipping

jonbee

Sold: Thiel CS-1.5 speakers $375 plus shipping
« on: 7 Apr 2019, 05:17 pm »
This is a very nice pair of Thiel CS 1.5 floor standing speakers in light walnut finish.
The CS 1.5 was the all time best selling model from famed high end speaker builder Thiel Audio, and was a Stereophile recommended speaker for almost 10 years. An audiophile classic if there ever was one.
There are literally dozens of favorable reviews of this model online. I've owned several other Thiel models (2.2, 3.6, PCS) and this is one of the best balanced and most musical (sounding most like a smaller 3.6), and with surprising bass for the size.
They have the same outstanding design and build quality as their much more expensive models, with superb sound, good looks and room friendly size- only 33"x8.5"x11", ~40 lbs. ea.
This pair is in very good condition, with just 3 areas of pretty minor damage, all on the rear- 2 damaged corners and an edge chip near the bottom. They have had little use for the last 10+ years.
Drivers and grills are perfect and they sound great, just as new.

I have the original double boxes and heavy packing materials.
These listed for $2200 new and were considered a true high end bargain for nearly a decade at that price.
They have no foam driver surrounds or electrolytic caps to deteriorate, so they should be making great music for decades to come.
You won't find many of these in this condition. I can send more pics if desired.
I'm asking $375 plus actual shipping. I doubt there is better sound, quality or value in a small floorstander than these.
Local sale/pickup in Seattle is good too.
Thanks for having a look!
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2019, 07:24 pm by jonbee »

jonbee

Re: For Sale: Thiel CS-1.5 speakers $425 plus shipping
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2019, 09:45 pm »
Bump for lower price. Will ship.

jonbee

Re: For Sale: Thiel CS-1.5 speakers $375 plus shipping
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2019, 09:39 pm »
Bump for an even lower (ridiculous!) price.