Wow, not much Karma going on this month ; Spring fever to blame ?

steve in jersey

I've always thought that "good itentioned" based threads were a good idea. This is the first time I've noticed this thread. I hope I'm able to find a topic or 2 of interest, & maybe even start 1 myself once a get the "jist"
of things

Karma,  huh ? Are we talking about psychedelic flower painted Volkswagon buses, Karma ? ("Kum by ya. ..etc)
(Make Love not War ; Peace, man...etc) Sorry, I'm dating myself. I was about 15 mins. away from making the
the trip to the Woodstock Music Festival with a few friends. I got a flat tire on my way over to the friend who was driving's house i called him from a phone booth (remember those?) & told him to go. Well enough of the personal nostalgia trip..."Sorry man,  peace"

I'm trying to think of a way to tie in a subject that I experience on any Tech/Equipment/Music website I've
ever gone on. There is no shortage of  Technologically Well Informed persons on any of these forums. Unfortunately many of these persons are lacking basic social recognition skills. Too often it appears a sense of
"1 upsmanship" becomes the focus of many discussions. I've gotten much better at recognizing these "Tech
Savants"(as they would have you think) but not receptive to the possiblity that different paths of reasoning are
valid. I'm learning to defer to their "more knowledgeable stance" (or have them believe such is the case).IMHO
is truly laughable & quite insincere by the evidence & overabundance of how someone relays their knowledge.
It becomes the difference between being talked "at" rather than "to"

We can all figure out the most of the "mysteries" of our hobby through the use of "subjective reasoning". It may take us longer, but it's really not "rocket science" (& I just realized that I'm not posting this on the site
I thought I was on ; Audiocircle is actually a "quite place" to go, most of the time (how's that for trying to cover my "a$:" I didn't buy it either. Heh, heh ,heh)