SOLD: Innersound Kaya Reference electrostats $6600 - *REDUCED* retail is $21300

tdangelo

price reduced a little more.

tdangelo

tdangelo

price reduced to $6600 - I can't go any lower - already losing thousands - price is almost 70% off retail.  NO TRADES.

tdangelo

one more bump.

tdangelo

benn600

I might be interested but I just bought the Paradigm Signature S8 system (complete 5.1) a few weeks ago.  I'm waiting on my theater being built before I can set them up.  How do these compare to my S8s that I'm eagerly waiting to setup?

AliG

I might be interested but I just bought the Paradigm Signature S8 system (complete 5.1) a few weeks ago.  I'm waiting on my theater being built before I can set them up.  How do these compare to my S8s that I'm eagerly waiting to setup?

you're comparing a speaker retails $6k against another retails for >$20k... there's no comparison.

But the Kaya's are way overkilled for hometheater..they deserve a dedicated two-channel listening room for themselves

benn600

And here we have the chance to buy these $20K+ speakers for seven grand???  Why aren't people jumping?

So does the $500/pair - $1K/pair jump mean no comparison?

So does the $1K/pair - $2K/pair jump mean no comparison?

So does the $2K/pair - $4K/pair jump mean no comparison?

So does the $4K/pair - $8K/pair jump mean no comparison?

So does the $8K/pair - $16K/pair jump mean no comparison?

So does the $16K/pair - $100K/pair jump mean no comparison?

Are we going for REAL life audio here?  What is a good level to be at?  I mean no matter how much you spend, isn't there always something that is better?  And then how much better?  Sometimes less than great speakers can make certain songs sound different and unique--potentially better in a weird kind of way.

Oh great, and overkill for hometheater???  Now what?  So they are too good?  Is this because the sources aren't great?  That's another issue.  Where do you get awesome, better than CD audio?  I know you can get some things but what about my favorite songs?  I have a huge CD collection and sure I wish I had everything I own on some quadruple quality format...but that's not going to happen.

benn600

When someone makes a speaker, do they know it's going to cost $20,000 for a pair?  When they were making it, did they know that so they knew they had X hours to spend on it to hopefully recoup their investment?  In other words: what if some company made a speaker pretty quickly and it happened to perform in the $10,000 range but they were going to charge $500 ?  I mean does getting better sound ALWAYS cost more?  What if these Kayas dropped to $3K retail for the pair?  What if all current speakers dropped to $3K or less?  Would companies then make $20K speakers that are no comparison to what we consider the greatest today?

I don't doubt we have made major advancement from, say, 10 years ago.  However, this is definitely interesting.  I mean all the time and effort I put into reading and deciding, I finally decided on the S8 system and it's a very expensive system.  With preamp and amp I'm looking at $30K for the complete system.  Plus some for a projector, screen, etc.  This is crazy audio.  And yes I know speakers do sound better, typically at higher price points, but ...

pbrstreetgang

Your getting yourself confused and way overthinking. I think what you have is well thought out and a solid speaker. Cost doesnt always equal better performance but you have to keep things in perspective. Some designs use cutting edge technology some the finest handmade parts and others offer full range performance. All of this adds to the cost. Some 20K speakers I wouldnt buy for any price and some $1000 speakers I love. I havent heard this particular speaker but it is well thought of and offers unique large format sound and full range performance. There are great values at every level.

Big Red Machine

Shouldn't you guys go crap in a separate thread instead of Tony's legitimate For Sale thread?

arthurs

Shouldn't you guys go crap in a separate thread instead of Tony's legitimate For Sale thread?

I agree Pete, this is just rude and bad form guys.

tdangelo

:lol: :lol:  well at least these recent replys have generated an "I'm interested PM".  If these don't sell soon I'll just keep them.  I'm sure that somewhere down the road I'll get tired of the Usher BE20's I have and then I won't need to spend more money looking for something different - I'll just pull these out of the closet  :D

tdangelo

sale pending  :D  I'm both happy and sad  :dunno:

benn600

YOU'RE welcome.

Believe me.  The S8s are my first toe in the waters of high end audio.  They are way beyond what we ever thought we would decide on.  It's more about: could the money be better saved or spent elsewhere?  We're looking close to fifty grand on our theater when all is said and done.  High end speakers trickle down to preamp and amp/cable/etc.

tdangelo

benn600

And thank you for the referral fee!

just kidding lol