Infinity Kappa 200 in hard to find Cherry ***Listing removed***

Pez

Got my hands on a brand new in the box pair of Infinity Kappa 200s in cherry.  Unfortunately I have no use for them (no space in my small condo).  Box is sealed and the speakers have never been used. Here are some pictures of these speakers.  If you've seen any of the Kappa speakers, they look magnificent in person. Infinity speakers require an unbelievably long break in in my experience, requiring 100+ hours of hard break in, but once they're broken in they sound excellent. They image very well, and have a very rich soundstage.  For the price definitely one of the most neutral speakers I have heard. They do not add coloration to the music.  Bass is punchy and tight. Mids are very nice and full.  Highs again, very smooth.

If you didn't know already know, the discontinued Kappa line was not made in China or Korea or wherever the other Infinity speakers are made, they are manufactured in Denmark. The cabinet work is beyond reproach. Real wood cabinets have an excellent finishing and dig this, black leather back and 5 way gold plated binding posts for bi-wiring. Internal bracing etc.

They use a Ceramic coated Aluminum cone (CMMD technology if that means anything to you) for fast and accurate tracking, oversized neodymium magnet, upgraded crossover from the standard Infinity line, time corrected baffle.

These are a big pic., but they are in maple:

Smaller pic, but in Cherry like the ones I have:

Driver Complement:
1" Neodymium CMMD tweeter
6.5" Neodymium CMMD Woofer

These are $1200 new and good luck finding these in cherry.

Steal these from me for $650.00 plus shipping. send me a pm if interested.
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2007, 03:15 pm by Pez »

Pez

Re: Infinity Kappa 200 in hard to find Cherry
« Reply #1 on: 18 Apr 2007, 03:15 pm »
Listing removed

mca

Did you sell or change your mind?

Pez

Changed my mind. Didn't think they would sell for what I wanted for them.  Might reconsider if I had a few offers though...  :roll: