A Karma Story

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
A Karma Story
« on: 3 Feb 2014, 03:30 am »
I don't have anything to put up at the moment but I do have a story.
Over 30 years ago I had a beautiful Gibson Les Paul Special which I stupidly sold and I've missed it ever since.
A fellow on another site had a Les Paul Special which was even nicer than the one I sold years ago but I really couldn't swing it and make the mortgage payment.
My wife talked me into buying the Les Paul because I missed my old one so badly so I did and then I've been worrying about the mortgage.
I put a Gibson SG up for sale but really didn't expect it to sell so I figured that I put myself in quite a jam.
Today I drove 200 miles round trip to help somebody I had never met before swap out a motor in his Buell motorcycle.  He'd never done anything like this before and it pretty took the whole day with the driving, the wrenching and the driving back home.
I did it for free, my good deed for the day and refused payment even thought it put me even further in the hole because I had to buy gas.  So many people have done me favors over the years that I can do one every so often.
A few hours after I got home I check my email and my SG sold and now I can pay the mortgage and I have the Les Paul model that I missed so much.
And that is my Karma story for the day.

Captainhemo

Re: A Karma Story
« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2014, 05:40 am »
I got home I check my email and my SG sold and now I can pay the mortgage and I have the Les Paul model that I missed so much.
And that is my Karma story for the day.

Karma stories are great   :thumb:
Enjoy the Les Paul man 

-jay