Saints Row 2

whams

Saints Row 2
« on: 25 Oct 2008, 11:57 pm »
I thought I would wait till I finished this game before I made comment on it. I spoke to early when it came to Grand Theft Auto IV and by the time I completed it, I was left a little disappointed. (there was just not as much stuff to do in GTA IV as there was in previous GTA games and once completed, it really didn't have any replay value)

Saints Row 2 on the other hand was fantastic from beginning to end. FUN...is the key word here. Everything about this game was cool....the main storyline, the side missions, the cut scenes, the gameplay, the witty and funny dialogue...its all there and it is all what GTA IV should have been.

Fans of GTA San Andreas will love this game.

Saints Row 2 was the most entertaining game I have played on the PS3 so far...it really was a blast!  :thumb:

cujobob

Re: Saints Row 2
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2008, 05:03 am »
How long did it take you to beat it?  I enjoyed the first one, though regret having purchased it since I never touched it again..

whams

Re: Saints Row 2
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2008, 08:07 am »
How long did it take you to beat it?  I enjoyed the first one, though regret having purchased it since I never touched it again..

The main storyline mission took about 25hrs to complete I guess and there are numerous side activities which would take many more hours to complete.

I have never played the first Saint's Row as I believe it was only available on xbox (I have a ps3) but from what I have read, Saint's Row 2 has a number of (large) improvements over the first one.

Saint's Row 2 has your usual multiplayer online games but also it has a co-op mode in which you and your friend can go through the whole storyline main missions together (it is quite a cool feature)

It also has difficulty levels which I can't recall any of the grand theft auto series having. Sort of extends the life of the game cause if you finish it on normal...you can try again on hard mode etc.