Iso Trax or Iso Max ? Room suggestions.

WGH

Re: Iso Trax or Iso Max ? Room suggestions.
« Reply #20 on: 12 Dec 2019, 01:30 am »
Trinnov and Triad speakers had a demo at CEDIA 2019 in a free standing room, from watching the the videos there seems to be very little to no sound leakage. All the Triad speakers are hidden but which models used are not specified, they may be Triad's Inwall speakers. Home Theater Environments made the room for $150,000, it comes in two crates: https://www.hte.design/

$300,000 11.4.6 dts-X: PRO Demo w/ TRINNOV Audio Altitude 32 & TRIAD Speakers at CEDIA 2019

I have 4 Triad Inwall Bronze/4 Surrounds installed in the ceiling as ATMOS speakers. The Triad speakers are very solid along with an excellent drywall clamping system. With an accurately cut hole and 1/16" inch of caulk around the perimeter I don't think any sound would escape the room.

Triad has many price points depending on room size and budget. I discovered the brand through AVS Forum, Dawn can help you out:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/921427-triad-owner-s-thread.html

> Download the Triad 2016 Catalog with Prices here <

More demo links:

Trinnov / Triad DTS:X Pro 11.4.6 Channel Demo at CEDIA 2019
Trinnov Audio to Debut 11.4.6 Channel Theater Demo with DTS:X

Longandstraight

« Reply #21 on: 12 Dec 2019, 01:47 am »
Thanks so much. I was just thinking 2 channel with the room and then it was what the heck might as well have some fun.  Now just trying to integrate a 2 channel system in with an  Atmos system.  Give a mouse a cookie....

WGH

« Reply #22 on: 12 Dec 2019, 04:00 am »
Now just trying to integrate a 2 channel system in with an  Atmos system.  Give a mouse a cookie....

I have my stereo integrated with a 7.1.4 surround system and it sounds fantastic. REL subs have both a high level input for stereo and a .1 LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input to the surround processor for the best of both worlds, no switching required for killer movie sound. Surround and Atmos processors roll off the bass to all speakers between 80 Hz to 120 Hz and send it to the subwoofer LFE channel, speakers then use less power and have more headroom for explosive dynamics and the sub does what is is designed to do.

Longandstraight

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jan 2020, 02:26 am »
Well the rough carpenters are about finished. The room ended up being 26x16x10. Within inches of a Golden Ratio. The old ceiling had 2 ft soffits that are 8.6 tall  which will be the front and rear walls. They will slope to the 10 ft height.  Should be a good start to a great sounding room.
I am going to do a ISO max wall system on the walls but thinking of just double 5/8 drywall with Green glue on the ceilings.
Also not quite sure how to mount a 85 inch tv on the channeled wall. I have a couple of barn doors on a closet that I cant get away from but was going to add an additional  5/8 sheet w/green glue against the back wall of the closet( a finished shared wall with the house)   Had to make a few compromises as it is an all around room for entertaining but should sound really good   I will get a gallery going and post some pics.
Ended up doing 3inches of closed cell foam in the floating 2x8 floor. The foam really locked in the floor solid a a rock. 3/4 tongue and groove decking. Going to go with a luxury vinyl plank floor with a cork back and finish off with some rugs.
Going to need a bigger amp for sure. The Odyssey Kismet mono’s sound real good but the room will carry a monster amp. All in good time

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jan 2020, 03:19 pm »
Just remember that sound isolation can be compared to a pail, any leak is trouble.  Having thick or double walled pail with a hole still won't hold water.  Look for weakest links in the perimeter.  For instance no point in doubling drywall if the door or windows leak. 

Regarding treatments, don't let your eye or intuition fool you.  Research the science behind absorption/diffusion.  Recommend GIK here at Audio Circle for products and advice.  Their use of high density fiberglass panels are about the most effective absorbers you can find and reasonably priced (I use ten of their 244 panels).

You have the opportunity to develop a first class room.

Take care.

Longandstraight

« Reply #25 on: 18 Mar 2020, 01:03 am »
Well the drywall crew  just finished up. After careful consideration because of closet doorways and the entrance into the room  I scrapped the ISO max system.  Ended up with double 5/8 drywall with Green Glue   Double stud walls on the perimeter outside walls. All  2x6 construction. 3 dedicated 20 amp circuits and a dedicated 15. Swarm Sub system built by Duke Lajune w/custom finish.
Trim carpenter coming next week. Still looking at different ceiling designs.  The room features a 60 inch vent free fireplace so looking a finishing options. I would think a course stone would be best for sound but have to please the wife too.
The only window in the room is a 8 ft door wall  at the rear wall. The room should have a really cool vibe and light controlled for   Video display options.
Moving along but certainly figured I would be done by now.

Longandstraight

« Reply #26 on: 22 Nov 2020, 11:23 pm »
Enjoying the new room. It’s dead quiet and sounds great. Just had a 48x84 barn door installed that is the access into the room. I know it’s not the best solution but we have to please everyone and looks cool. I want to figure out a gasket system   I have 3/4 inch flat portion on the casing.  Gap is 1/2 inch.  When installed it will not be seen   Any good solutions ?  I would like to post pics but not quite sure how to do it
Thanks
Russ