VMPS mentioned in dealers' showcase in November 2006 Stereophile!

john1970

I was just reading this month's Stereophile magazine and I noticed that Gateway Sound in Georgia was listing VMPS as one of the lines that they are stocking.  It is great to see VMPS being mentioned in Stereophile and to see another VMPS dealer.  Brian designs  excellent sounding speakers at relatively affordable prices.  I only wished that Stereophile would review a tricked out pair of RM40s.  IMO the speaker would easily make class A.

Best,

John

warnerwh

The RM 40's would easily be as good as or better than class A speakers in Stereophile.  Brian doesn't advertise in Stereophile. That makes a big difference to the bottom line of the magazine. Also the RM 40's are better than most any speaker in their price range and above. Once that word got out more the people advertising in Stereophile may get pissed off if they're trying to sell a 10 or 15 thousand dollar speaker that's not as good or maybe as good as what Vmps sells for 6 grand.

If Stereophile and Absolute Sound wanted to truly help everybody they would review more manufacturers gear than they do.  Here and there they do but they have to keep their advertisers happy as that's where the money comes from.

I agree, I'd also like to see a review in Stereophile.  I could pretty much guarantee a review of VMPS speakers if someone will pay for a full page ad for one year.

PLMONROE

Maybe we should pass around the plate to take up a collection to do so? :hyper:

John Casler

But when you get down to it, you will find it hard to beat a "real owners" report and review, and we have many of them.

Even today Jonbee wrote a mini-review of the RM30.  That tells you more than an obligatory review or rating.

« Last Edit: 9 Nov 2006, 09:17 am by John Casler »

crossroadazn

If I remember corectly VMPS speakers advertised on Stereophile a long of time ago and the speakers looked.....bulky. Am I wrong ?

BobRex

What you need to do is get Tony Cordesman involved again.  He was the VMPS advocate who reviewed in both TAS and Audio.  And I think (memory's really foggy here) that he may have reviewed the Super Towers in Stereophile back in the old digest sized Larry Archibald days.  You know.... before he got pissed that JA was chosen over him for EIC (or so the rumor mill went.)