Spatial M4 Triode Masters

NickMimi

Spatial M4 Triode Masters
« on: 3 Jun 2023, 02:56 pm »
Spatial audio M4 Triode Masters speakers, 12 ohm, 96 db. Paired w/ Alan Eaton 1.75wpc, 45 dht, SET Mono-blocks. I made an educated guess that the combination would mate and synergize and have thus far been well rewarded. The Alan Eaton’s have earned my respect, they are only just slightly bested by a Radu Tarta, Shiny Eyes 300B HP amp, that simply has such a grand soundstage, nothing else in my collection even comes close.  So very pleased and entertained by these speakers, especially their performance in a modest 12x13 room.

aldoallen

Re: Spatial M4 Triode Masters
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jun 2023, 09:08 pm »
That is cool you can run them on so few watts. I also own the M4 TM's and use a Linear Tube Audio ZOTL 10 amp that is probably putting out 8 watts into the 96 db speakers. I have been thinking about trying a 2A3 amp that would output around 4 watts, but I wasn't sure it would be enough  power. My main concern is a lack of bass with the lower power traditional tube amps like 2A3 and 300b. The ZOTL 10 has a crazy low frequency response that provides all the bass the M4's can produce.

Al

rockadanny

« Reply #2 on: 7 Jun 2023, 11:41 pm »
@aldoallen - If you're curious about 2A3 on 96dB speakers, I can assure you that 4 watts from a Whammerdyne amp would prove an awesome choice. Transparency and beauty in spades, plus no worries about bass with these. If you're near Atlanta you're welcome to stop by to hear my Whammerdyne amp drive my PAP Trio15 Horn1 speakers.

aldoallen

« Reply #3 on: 8 Jun 2023, 12:52 pm »
@ rockadanny - Thanks for the offer but I am not near Atlanta. I have researched the Whammerdyne amps and they would be my top choice if I decide to try the 2A3. What I love about the M4 Triode Masters is they can sound great on a wide range of amplifiers.