ACI High Pass Filters

Mike Cm

ACI High Pass Filters
« on: 12 Aug 2006, 12:11 pm »
Hi all,

I have a question regarding hookup of the ACI High Pass Filters (85 Hz). I have a Harman/Kardon HK3480 receiver, which happens to have "preamp out" & "main amp in" RCA connections. I currently have my subs (2) hooked up with Y splitters via these outputs for L & R channel operation for the subs. I did it this way because although the HK has a sub-out connector I've read that it has an internal X-over of 150 Hz, which is just too high for me. Right now the sub & satellites get full range signals, but I would like to use the 85 Hz filters to send the 85 Hz & up to the satellites & 85 Hz & down to the two subs. How exactly would I connect the filters? Do I just put them inline with the splitters? Thanks in advance for any info.

Mike Dzurko

Re: ACI High Pass Filters
« Reply #1 on: 12 Aug 2006, 11:38 pm »

Mike Cm

« Reply #2 on: 17 Aug 2006, 12:17 am »
Thanks, although looking at the diagram I'm assuming that although the sats will only get ~85hz & up the sub will see the full range, correct?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #3 on: 17 Aug 2006, 04:37 am »
Thanks, although looking at the diagram I'm assuming that although the sats will only get ~85hz & up the sub will see the full range, correct?

Correct, and for that you use the crossovers on the subs . . .