ACI Newbie...question on powering ACIs

sunny

« on: 3 Jun 2006, 05:09 am »
hi

finally ordered a set from ACI...im so excited...2xessence v, essence c and 2xemerald onwalls. unfortunately though i've gotta wait 3 weeks.

anyways just wanted to get suggestions on my options on powering these speakers....i was thinking outlaw 990/7125 or perhaps Arcam avr350.

will appreciate any insight on this matter.

thanks
sunny

Night_Train

Re: ACI Newbie...question on powering ACIs
« Reply #1 on: 3 Jun 2006, 04:45 pm »
Quote from: sunny
hi

finally ordered a set from ACI...im so excited...2xessence v, essence c and 2xemerald onwalls. unfortunately though i've gotta wait 3 weeks.

anyways just wanted to get suggestions on my options on powering these speakers....i was thinking outlaw 990/7125 or perhaps Arcam avr350.

will appreciate any insight on this matter.

thanks
sunny

Wow......you should be revvved up.....I'll bet those are going to result in an outstanding set-up. Waiting is the hard part, but kind of heightens the excitment too!

Mike D. could probably give you some quality insight on what might be paired with your set-up to best suit your needs. Lots of choices $$$ depending on what you might want to do or accomplish.

As for me lately, I've been admiring some power equipment from AVA or VanAlstine.

Congrats and enjoy your new toys!

sunny

« Reply #2 on: 6 Jun 2006, 02:51 am »
just read the review of the denon 4306....audioholics gave it a glowing review....what do you guys think about that? would it be adequate in powering the speakers and will i hear a noticable difference with outlaw seperates?

Craig Chase

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2006, 11:36 am »
Sunny - For the $$$$, Take a hard look at the new Emotiva package from AV123. $1098 gets you a 7 channel pre amp, and a 7 channel power amp, with 5 x 125 WPC PLUS 2 x 50 WPC.

As you are going with a 5 channel set up, it will rock your system quite well.

And ... leave you money left over for other stuff like a Velo SMS-1 or R-DES for your subwoofer.

kkalivoda

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2006, 02:48 pm »
You made a great choice. I also have the Essence C and it's awesome! I would look into Rotel. They make a great AMP and it's a great bang for your buck. I have the RMB-1095 which is 5 channels with 200 watts RMS. Great AMP!!! MSRP's around $2k but you can find it cheaper. Also it's compared to amps over twice the price.

abbeyemily

« Reply #5 on: 12 Jul 2006, 05:19 pm »
Hi.

Please see my review from today about my new amplifier find! :D

enigma7

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2006, 07:55 pm »
i am now consdering between 2 setups... H/K AVR745 and Pioneer Elite VSX84/Outlaw 7125 amp. the 745 is rated at 85w/7 but i've read that they rate their amps conservatively. anyone have any suggestions regarding these 2 setups?

Sunny
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2006, 08:42 pm by enigma7 »