SuperCharged 3.1 System has been ordered!

kingcrowing

SuperCharged 3.1 System has been ordered!
« on: 15 Sep 2021, 08:16 pm »
After a year or two of hemming, hawing, researching, comparing, etc. I finally placed my order and I'm super excited! I wanted a 3.1 setup so I can use this for music in 2.1 and for home theater 3.1.

I really considered going with the BeAT towers but wanted something a bit more child proof (that woofer at toddler finger level was worrying), and the SuperCharged SongTowers seemed to be the best option for my needs, they'll fit my space perfectly and I've always wanted raal tweeters, I've got some mild tinnitus and I've heard from many these are the best.

I got the matching SuperCharged SongCenter as well, Jim said this was his recommended center with their the SC SongTowers or the BeATs, and I love that they've got the exact same drivers as the towers.

Finally, went for the Rythmik 12 sub to round the system out! At some point when I have a more dedicated home theater space I'd love to get matching surround speakers for a full 5.1, but it's not needed now.

I'm hoping these will be my last speakers, I'll be sure to post pictures and thoughts once they arrive in a few months!

Eggiwegs2

Re: SuperCharged 3.1 System has been ordered!
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2021, 02:24 pm »
Great choice!

I ordered my SuperCharged SongTowers in 2015 and love them for both 2-channel music and HT. I didn't order the center channel, as I'm really not as bothered for absolute quality outside of music listening (and I don't have any multi-channel material besides The Last Waltz BluRay), but find myself considering a future order at some point (shipping to Europe is expensive...).

I can also attest that at least in my personal experience, neither one of my kids has ever even tried taking the grilles off (I don't think they even know they are removable, as I'm careful not to take them off for music listening unless I'm kid-free, hehe). Although they have pointed out that they can sometimes see "big circles" behind the cloth.

Happy listening (and waiting)!!

kingcrowing

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2022, 06:44 pm »
Well we're now at 40% complete! I'm starting to get excited. I'm looking for Blu Rays with really good audio to demo everything!

Any recommendations?

AllanS

« Reply #3 on: 26 Mar 2022, 03:18 am »
 I had to check the dates a couple of times before realizing this wasn’t an old post.  How long the waits have gotten!  Painful wait but your patience will be rewarded. What finish did you choose?

I’ve had a pair of the SCS Surrounds in a small office system for a year and a half and love them.  The RAALs are pretty easy on the ears and I’m still surprised how deep the speakers will dig.  You’re in for a treat. 

I’m completely rearranging the office system so moved the Songs to the HT as RL mains just for the hell of it and didn’t expect much.  I was really surprised how well they performed so left them hooked up.  If the wife has anything to say about it they will stay.  We’ve had a pair of considerably larger speakers in the system also blessed with Dennis Murphy’s touch (original BMR).  As good as both those sets of speakers are I can only imagine how good those towers will sound.

My only BR is Eagles Hell Freezes Over.  Always enjoyable.

Ace Deprave

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2022, 09:35 pm »
Well we're now at 40% complete! I'm starting to get excited. I'm looking for Blu Rays with really good audio to demo everything!

Any recommendations?

Midway
Ford v Ferrari

Jeff in the D

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2022, 10:42 pm »
The Police, Live in Buenos Aires
Eric Clapton, Slowhand at 70, Live at the Royal Albert Hall

kingcrowing

« Reply #6 on: 29 Mar 2022, 02:29 pm »
I had to check the dates a couple of times before realizing this wasn’t an old post.  How long the waits have gotten!  Painful wait but your patience will be rewarded. What finish did you choose?

I’ve had a pair of the SCS Surrounds in a small office system for a year and a half and love them.  The RAALs are pretty easy on the ears and I’m still surprised how deep the speakers will dig.  You’re in for a treat. 

I’m completely rearranging the office system so moved the Songs to the HT as RL mains just for the hell of it and didn’t expect much.  I was really surprised how well they performed so left them hooked up.  If the wife has anything to say about it they will stay.  We’ve had a pair of considerably larger speakers in the system also blessed with Dennis Murphy’s touch (original BMR).  As good as both those sets of speakers are I can only imagine how good those towers will sound.

My only BR is Eagles Hell Freezes Over.  Always enjoyable.

Yeah I'm very excited... I ended up going with Koa! I guess it's getting a lot harder to find for a project of this size (2x towers, center and a big sub) but Jim was able to find some... I'll post pictures here once they arrive!

I've got a stack of my favorite records and a pretty new TT (Music Hall MMF 7.3SE w/ Sumiko Moonstone cart) that I'm super excited to play... I didn't know Hell Freezes Over had a BR release, I love the CD I'll put that on the list!

Carl V

« Reply #7 on: 29 Mar 2022, 03:33 pm »
Diana Krall In RIO.
Botti Live From Boston
James Taylor Live from the BEACON theater.
GLORY
LAST of the MOHICCANS

Bikeratl

« Reply #8 on: 2 Apr 2022, 10:40 pm »
I think you will enjoy the RAAL tweeter, I have had monitors with that tweeter for a few years and it is clear but not bright or harsh.  Just sounds right.  One blu-ray I thoroughly enjoy, and depending on your musical taste you may also, is Robert Plant and The Band of Joy live from the artists den.  Performed in Nashville.  Incredible musicians in his band and a great performance.  Enjoy your speakers, the supercharged towers are fantastic.

kingcrowing

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jul 2022, 03:36 pm »
Wow, wow, wow!! These arrived yesterday and I got them all set up, not only are the insanely beautiful - I've never seen Koa this impressively figured - the sound is far and away the best I've heard! I've had Bose, BIC America, Paradigm, Bowers & Wilkens, Zu Audio, and Ascend Acoustic speakers, and these just top them all!

Once I get my place all tidied up from the unboxing I'll get some more detailed photos if anyone is interested, but for now here's a quick snap of the first record I spun (Quarters! by King Gizzard and The Lizxard Wizard on a new 45RPM Audiophile pressing from Heavenly Records in the UK), I also watched the new Netflix action flic The Gray Man on Netflix and the sound was incredible.

RonN5

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jul 2022, 04:27 pm »
That KOA wood is really beautiful!  Great Choice!

AllanS

« Reply #11 on: 29 Jul 2022, 12:48 am »
Beautiful! 

Ace Deprave

« Reply #12 on: 29 Jul 2022, 02:41 pm »
Wow, that veneer is fantastic!

whitey019

« Reply #13 on: 29 Jul 2022, 02:51 pm »
Very nice!

dpatters

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jul 2022, 03:46 pm »
You’d get much improved sound if you could pull the speakers out into the room. Pretty tight between your rack and the cabinet next to it. The speakers are beautiful. Enjoy!

Don P.

RonN5

« Reply #15 on: 29 Jul 2022, 04:50 pm »
I had the Veracity STs...pretty similar to your SuperCharged Songs.  I put thick felt pads on the bottom of the speaker bass so that I could easily slide them out into the room for listening and then back when not.  Here is an example:

https://www.amazon.com/X-PROTECTOR-Premium-Furniture-Heavy-Sheets/dp/B071PBHSMX/ref=sr_1_7?crid=31AIP43RC29LM&keywords=thick+felt+pads&qid=1659113380&sprefix=thick+felt+pads%2Caps%2C104&sr=8-7

Rshorb

« Reply #16 on: 9 Aug 2022, 11:16 pm »
They look amazing welcome to the family.

Dustin4503

« Reply #17 on: 23 Aug 2022, 04:00 pm »
Those are beautiful.

kingcrowing

« Reply #18 on: 1 Sep 2022, 03:29 pm »
I definitely hope to have more space for them in the future - I'm planning to move next year, and having a larger listening space is my #1 priority. That said, I'm still blown away by the sound, I've tried to through as many different types of audio at these from old records and youtube, to 180g 45RPM half speed master records and Blu Rays - my one concern with these speakers is that they could be 'too revealing' and that hasn't been the case so far, everything has sounded amazing, even in my non-ideal setup. I'm really in love!