Digital = or != 3 CCD cameras

Carlman

« on: 26 Nov 2003, 08:00 pm »
Are all of today's modern digital cameras using 3ccd chips?  I was curious because I just assumed they were but, I think that assumption is wrong.

I was going to start looking for a digital video camera for shooting mostly car stuff but, some 'family' stuff as well.  

Any recommendations on high quality/high value type digital cameras is appreciated!

-Carl

PhilNYC

Re: Digital = or != 3 CCD cameras
« Reply #1 on: 26 Nov 2003, 09:30 pm »
Quote from: Carlman
Are all of today's modern digital cameras using 3ccd chips?  I was curious because I just assumed they were but, I think that assumption is wrong.

I was going to start looking for a digital video camera for shooting mostly car stuff but, some 'family' stuff as well.  

Any recommendations on high quality/high value type digital cameras is appreciated!

-Carl

I think the digital SLRs from Canon use CMOS instead of CCD.  A good website for this stuff is www.dpreview.com.  

Hope this helps,

Phil

navi

« Reply #2 on: 27 Nov 2003, 12:48 pm »
if you are going miniDV get a 3ccd camera -i use the Sony DCR-TRV900E
it's a few years old now, but still very good-(but you can always look for a newer model)-

Still photography cameras use a single chip- you can't beat the value of canons new 3000D(?) DSLR a 6megapx CMOS chip SLR with changable lenses.

I have the 10D-(i got it 4mths ago for $3,000 AUD -which cost more than the 3000d and doesn't come with a lense.
-----try before you buy anything--------------