See you at AXPONA with a couple of surprises!

Triode Pete

Re: See you at AXPONA with a couple of surprises!
« Reply #20 on: 21 Apr 2018, 03:43 pm »
Another review, this time by Brian Hunter of Audio-Head... https://audio-head.com/vinnie-rossi-new-statement-monos-and-pre-axpona-2018/

Here's a two paragraph excerpt of the article...

"Vinnie Rossi has me all tied up with the idea that I have to get my hands on a pair of Harbeths. Why? Because every time I hear his near field presentation at an audio show, it sound like angels singing…if angels knew 80s and 90s hits well enough, that is. Vinnie keeps the track selection fresh, fun and high fidelity. He knows now when he sees me that a good throwback to either of the previously mentioned decades will put a smile on my face and his selection is ripe with options. In his room arrangement at AXPONA this year the speakers are placed along the long wall, instead of the far side – reducing the space between listener and transducer to a few mere meters. The image is always tight, direct and unique from almost all the other rooms at the show.

For my listening session Vinnie fired up the Harbeth Monitor 40.2 40th Anniversary Edition with the Tori Amos cover of Depeche Mode’s Enjoy the Silence. Her voice was razor sharp as it played through the monitors, with attack and decay landing in a natural presentation from an organic-sounding piano track. The texture was well resolved, with detail pushed to above par accommodations. Again, the imaging in close quarters changes a bit from the large scale presentation of big box showman, but is no less intriguing and some might argue, at an advantage with strong initial waves and room reflections sunk further into the background. The grand sum of all the parts here was an AXPONA show highlight."

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

Re: See you at AXPONA with a couple of surprises!
« Reply #21 on: 23 Apr 2018, 11:38 am »
Some Audio Bacon for you! ... https://audiobacon.net/2018/04/19/axpona-2018-show-report-day-2/5/

Room 486: Vinnie Rossi, Fidelis, Harbeth, Triode Wire Labs, and Acoustic Signature. Unfortunately, the Harbeth 40.2 weren’t plugged in when we arrived. However, we were amazed to find out the huge sound was coming from the tiny Harbeth P3ESR! Sweet, textured sound with convincing timbre and dynamics. Tempted to get a pair…

Triode Pete

Stereophile - AXPONA Video Review!
« Reply #22 on: 23 Apr 2018, 03:57 pm »
Thanks, Herb & Jana!

"Next, we visit a room sponsored by Triode Wire Labs, Volti Audio, and BorderPatrol Audio, featuring Volti Audio Rival speakers (starting at $7900/pair) powered by a BorderPatrol P20EXD power amplifier ($32,650 as shown), with files playing through a BorderPatrol DAC ($1850)—which Herb will be reviewing in a future issue."

Here's the video... The TWL, Volti & BP segment begins at 6:00 minute mark!

https://www.stereophile.com/content/herbs-binaural-video-axpona

Cheers,
Pete