Two new mono amps: NuPrime Evolution Two and AMG One

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Two new mono amps: NuPrime Evolution Two and AMG One
« Reply #40 on: 20 Nov 2023, 11:14 pm »
Where did this hypex integration come from? Don't make me puke  :duh:
Of course Nuprime amps are all designed by Nuprime. We do not buy from Hypex or any other amp module.
In fact, we will be introducing our own amp module for the DIY and installation marketing in December.

Interesting! By any chance could one use the upcoming amp modules to create a self-powered speaker?

rustydoglim

« Reply #41 on: 21 Nov 2023, 04:42 pm »
Yes.
Basically it is a "naked" STA-100 with 20% more power with a mounting bracket/heatsink.

Themouloud

« Reply #42 on: 22 Nov 2023, 10:45 am »
Yes.
Basically it is a "naked" STA-100 with 20% more power with a mounting bracket/heatsink.

Hello
what about an high-end streaming DAC/preamp (target early Q4 2023) ?

Themouloud

« Reply #43 on: 22 Nov 2023, 10:59 am »
hello
At the origin of my purchase I listened to the Evolution 2 with Focal Utopia, it was breathtaking afterwards for my less demanding speakers, and one. smaller budget because I wanted 3 amps, I tested the nuprime AMG One in the store and I don't regret it. when I was talking about hypex it's linked to the hypex hype on many sites, it's true that its modules when they are well integrated they are transparent and have no breath, but often I find that they are missing soul. this nuprime amg one is more transparent and therefore more versatile than amg STA9, AMG STA for exemple  when you listen to all styles of music and not just vocal jazz. we are perhaps less tube type like the sta 9 but it still has this warm side. we are therefore in an ideal compromise

rustydoglim

« Reply #44 on: 25 Nov 2023, 02:02 pm »
hello
At the origin of my purchase I listened to the Evolution 2 with Focal Utopia, it was breathtaking afterwards for my less demanding speakers, and one. smaller budget because I wanted 3 amps, I tested the nuprime AMG One in the store and I don't regret it. when I was talking about hypex it's linked to the hypex hype on many sites, it's true that its modules when they are well integrated they are transparent and have no breath, but often I find that they are missing soul. this nuprime amg one is more transparent and therefore more versatile than amg STA9, AMG STA for exemple  when you listen to all styles of music and not just vocal jazz. we are perhaps less tube type like the sta 9 but it still has this warm side. we are therefore in an ideal compromise

Thanks!  :thumb:

rustydoglim

« Reply #45 on: 25 Nov 2023, 02:04 pm »
Hello
what about an high-end streaming DAC/preamp (target early Q4 2023) ?

That has been pushed out to mid 2024. We hope to announce something at Munich high end show 2024. May be sooner.

Themouloud

« Reply #46 on: 8 Dec 2023, 01:58 pm »
That has been pushed out to mid 2024. We hope to announce something at Munich high end show 2024. May be sooner.

thanks I will wait for

ThomasDK

« Reply #47 on: 28 Dec 2023, 07:43 pm »
Regarding High End streaming DAC mid 2024.

In which series/level will that be in?

I am now testing Evo DAC-2, and it is amazingly good, nothing less.

But I am wondering if it would be better to wait for the upcoming streaming DAC?

rustydoglim

« Reply #48 on: 4 Jan 2024, 07:02 am »
The Evolution series will have two streaming models: IDA-32  (we talked about this for sooooooo loooong, sorry) and streaming transport.  I am not sure integrating a streamer with a high-end Evo DAC-2 is a good design choice. The product will be more expensive, but less in performance.