Selah Audio XT8 Impressions

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
« Reply #20 on: 31 Dec 2004, 09:41 pm »
Quote from: Tyson
Well, I think the fact that he has 626R's as surround speakers probably gives a big clue what his front speakers used to be  8)   It's too bad that it's all secret, cause I'd really like to hear a comparison   :cry:

We talked about some of the previous fights between manufacturers here at AC and XMarine noted that he didn't want his arrays to become part of another pissing match. I'm sure he would be happy to speak directly to anyone with comparison questions.

I did have an opportunity to listen to his previous speakers before we set up the XT8's and would be happy to give my *biased* opinion via PM, e-mail, or phone.

spectralman

« Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2004, 10:57 pm »
Thanks for the info, Rick.

Bill

Mad DOg

« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2004, 11:00 pm »
Quote from: Marbles
While it's good to keep the flames down, I think it's also good to compare two speakers in the same system and give your opinion.

I think this helps others with the decision on which speaker to go with in their enviornment.

i completely agree here...even if one speaker doesn't fare as well in a comparison, it doesn't mean that it's a poor speaker. just that one speaker works better for the individual's circumstances...

i hope a comparison is shared here!

most of us know that VMPS makes some fine speakers. of course they don't work for everyone all the time which is why there are other fine speakers to choose from. one of those happens to be Rick's speakers! glad to see more folks are finding out about Selah! Rick is not only a fine gentleman, but an excellent speaker designer!

XMarine

XT8's
« Reply #23 on: 1 Jan 2005, 03:47 am »
Quote from: Tyson
Well, I think the fact that he has 626R's as surround speakers probably gives a big clue what his front speakers used to be  8)   It's too bad that it's all secret, cause I'd really like to hear a comparison   :cry:

please check my original post.  I didn/t post that I had VMPS surrounds but VMPS subs.

XMarine

XT8's
« Reply #24 on: 1 Jan 2005, 03:53 am »
Quote from: Mad DOg
i completely agree here...even if one speaker doesn't fare as well in a comparison, it doesn't mean that it's a poor speaker. just that one speaker works better for the individual's circumstances...

i hope a comparison is shared here!

most of us know that VMPS makes some fine speakers. of course they don't work for everyone all the time which is why there are other fine speakers to choose from. one of those happens to be Rick's speakers! glad to see more folks are finding out about Selah! Rick is not only a fine gentleman, but an excellent speaker designer!

The speakers I replaced were very good in a lot of respects and the mfg has been very supportative.  But I like a Benz and you may like a Lexus.  It's all a matter of personal preference.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
Re: XT8's
« Reply #25 on: 1 Jan 2005, 04:43 am »
Quote from: XMarine
The speakers I replaced were very good in a lot of respects and the mfg has been very supportative.  But I like a Benz and you may like a Lexus.  It's all a matter of personal preference.

I appreciate you saying that. While comparisons are inevitable, I do think a speaker should only be judged on its' own merits and not who made it or the company who made the one it replaced.