Wha was the last Blu-ray (DVD) movie that you watched on your Home Theater rig?

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
How could the same thing happen to the same guy so many times...........$

I still laugh at that no matter how many times I watch it....Ben Stiller had the best Springsteen, Bono, and Tony Robbins parodies as well. Some of the highlights of his career (along w / NONONO guy).  Emmy awarded Ben Stiller Show available on DVD (no blu ray far as i know)........

Austin08

Theimpossible

A very touchy emotional movie. My wife was cried during movie. A true story about Tsumani that devastated Thailand in 2004

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
  There were these weird ultra low frequency effects even when NO action was taking place!
That annoys me sooooo much.
Like Hollywood just discovered that people are buying subwoofers and like to feel their hair buzz while watching a movie.  :duh:

I'll be first in line to admit I will take a crack in my drywall as a sign that I've got the biggest baddest subwoofer in the world.....but when there's no reason for it, or they simply play a "LFE tone" during a scene change, it's REALLY annoying.  :roll:

Bob

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
That annoys me sooooo much.
Like Hollywood just discovered that people are buying subwoofers and like to feel their hair buzz while watching a movie.  :duh:

I'll be first in line to admit I will take a crack in my drywall as a sign that I've got the biggest baddest subwoofer in the world.....but when there's no reason for it, or they simply play a "LFE tone" during a scene change, it's REALLY annoying.  :roll:

Bob

Yippy kai aye, mothertrucker!  :icon_lol:

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Blu-ray capability was wasted on this movie and surround sound didn't do much but we enjoyed Monty Python and the Holy Grail with our 11 year old daughter.  She loved it.  We figure it's one of those culturally iconic movie that is a must see to be culturally literate.  We are tying to introduce them at the right time.  Life of Brian and Meaning of Life will follow in due time. 

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
After they see that, you can show them "Fawlty Towers "  :thumb:

North Star

• "And it stoned me to my soul" - Van Morrison
'Retired Extremely Dangerous'
« Reply #47 on: 24 Jul 2013, 08:09 pm »
I revisited this flick (very cool  8) ) last night ::

--

North Star

-- I watched this flick last night (DVD) ::

--

* Not for the intellectually/erotically squeamish type.  :wink:

North Star

North Star

Last night ::

----------

* Powerful flick. ...Click ^ on! ...Good improvement too over my original DVD copy.

North Star

Garbage
« Reply #51 on: 28 Jul 2013, 10:05 pm »
I like this band, I like her voice, I like some of their grooves, a lot. ...I watched it all, late last night.

--

- You can click it ^ if you're up to it.

North Star

I watched this last night ::

--

* Truly enjoyed it. ...I do recommend.

milford3

Watched this last night with my Beyer T1's.  Got to love AC/DC with movies.

Freo-1

Not as good as the BBC 1980 mini series, but entertaining none the less:

North Star

Anyone here saw the flick 'Zero Dark Thirty', and if so your take on it?

* Did they ever show us Bin Laden's face (a picture of it, after they shot him down, in his stomach and face; top of left eye, or the right one?).
 ...And why they shot him in the face in the first place?
Also, did they ever provided his DNA?

What is the truth about all of this? ...Anyone knows? ...Any proof? ...Good luck!

Is the movie truly representative of the truth as it's claiming to be?
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2013, 12:13 am by North Star »

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
I saw it and thought for the most part it seemed fairly balanced. The controversy was over whether it put out a pro torture spin, which I don't think it did, though it seemed like to much screen time was devoted to that. Only other minor criticisms is that they daisy chained a lot of terrorist events together quickly for dramatic effect, but it is a movie after all with a limited run time (though oddly passing over Madrid, maybe because al qaeda link was more tenuous). Lastly, I thought they brought in part of the seal etc team for consultation, which caused those guys some problems with the brass, so if true you can assume they started with accurate info, but my memory is foggy on this.

Anyway - long story short: I think it's worth watching and don't think it plays too fast and lose with the truth, otherwise you can expect that a lot of people would have jumped on top of it.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
I'd like to see "Zero Dark Thirty".

"Battleship" was the stupidest movie I've seen in a long time. The worst plot line followed with a few horrible actors.
Combine that with some awesome special effects and give my subwoofer plenty of 'food' to eat and I'd call it a good movie.
As long as you know what you're in for, it's a good movie.

I'd watch it again, just for the effects.  :thumb:

North Star

1. 'Zero Dark Thirty'; I saw it three times already, on Blu-ray.
2. Not only that but I also saw many documentaries about the death of Obama bin Laden. ...All the very best ones.
3. And I 100% believe that the flick is totally inaccurate! ...That's the American empire version. ...The one they want you to believe.
4. The USA never provided any picture of his body (and face), and even less his DNA.
5. Why? Simply because they lied and they don't even have his body. ...Who knows when Obama bin Laden died, and how, and where!

* As for 'Battleship' (I got the Blu), it totally sucks!  :duh:
- If you think that a good looking picture (shiny) with a cool soundtrack (kaboom and all mayhem) with an awful plot with awful acting is value entertainment, you got one real bad thing comin' directly at you!  :no_see: :no_speak: :bounce: :duel: :green:

I rest my case, on both counts. ...And I highly recommend that you google around for some interesting reading, and documentaries about Obama bin Laden's death. ...In the year 2013, people can get way more focus (Internet) on everything from this world, than movies and false propaganda  preached on TV by all those media charlatans! ...George Bush (senior & junior) were and still are bandits. ...Not the politicians, but the men themselves with their greedy egos (powertrip, and dictatorship, and false misrepresentation with lies over lies).

Also, did you know that Obama bin Laden was working for the CIA?
And who provided arms to the worst terrorists of this globe? ...Even shaking hands with them. ...Arms/black gold (oil) deals.

Freo-1

Keep your personal political views out of this thread...unless you want to get it trashed.