Wha was the last Blu-ray (DVD) movie that you watched on your Home Theater rig?

ss397

Rented and watched Bad Grandpa. It was the funniest movie I have seen iyears.

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
Cloud Atlas... excellent movie.

JohnR

Cloud Atlas... excellent movie.

Funny you should say that, as I watched it the other day and liked it but was also a bit ambivalent. I think I need to rent it again and pay closer attention. (I'm a bit like that...) I'm slightly unsure whether I'm supposed to admire it as an acting/directing tour de force or as a movie, if you know what I mean :|

Bemopti123

The Sound of Music in BluRay.  My daughter has been obsessed with it since she heard about it in Kinder. 

Big Red Machine

Slapped in the latest Craig version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo last night.  Cool flick.  Never gets boring for me.  Hooked up my Aura bass shakers yesterday so wanted to try them out.

kevin360

• án sǫngr ek svelta
If you want to take a serious ride on your new shakers, I suggest 'Ender's Game' (even where the shaking is inappropriate :slap:, it's epic :eyebrows:). Being unfamiliar with the book (only so much time and I'm not the fastest reader – stick to science without the fiction (which is often stranger)), I rather enjoyed the movie. I remember seeing (the out of context) previews for it and thinking how uninterested I was. When I got home from work on Friday, it was resting on the dining room table (wife bought it). She enjoyed it too.

'Ender's Game' is the last Blu-ray that I've watched, but I did slip in a Trace Bundy DVD the following night. Last night, I just couldn't stop listening to music. The projector has only been back a week (from two months out for repair) and I've already counted three nights of dormancy. Two of the nights I used it were spent on music with the musicians on the big screen.

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised with the American remake of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', and I look forward to the completion of the series. The Swedish films were stunning (in numerous ways). I never read the Stieg Larsson novels. 

martyo

BTW, I was pleasantly surprised with the American remake of 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo', and I look forward to the completion of the series. The Swedish films were stunning (in numerous ways). I never read the Stieg Larsson novels.

The last I heard on the Hollywood versions was that they didn't make enough money on the first one and there wouldn't be anymore. I read the books (the best version), really enjoyed the Swedish flicks, and also enjoyed the Hollywood version

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
I watched it the other day and liked it but was also a bit ambivalent
I know what you mean...  for me anyway was an interesting story and once I figured out what was going on by changing characters. Seeing the actors made up as different cultures help pull that together for me. Hanks was great as always..

mcgsxr

Watched a few old ones with the girls over the weekend.

Master of Disguise.
The Mask.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
Not a movie, but the entire series of both....

over the last 2 months.

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
RUSH by Ron Howard.....F1 racing rivalry story...excellent :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Man of Steel......Latest Superman movie and hands down the best yet. Acting is OK special effects are incredible....I mean awesome...I love sci-fi and this one is very cool!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
RUSH by Ron Howard.....F1 racing rivalry story...excellent :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Fully agree Ed. 1st movie I went to the theater to see in years. Likely mostly of interest to F1 fans, but very well done. And of course Olivia was looking tastefully hot.  :thumb: