Empirical Audio Turbomodded S7700

audioengr

« Reply #20 on: 24 Jul 2004, 04:58 pm »
Any thoughts on how much impact the Superclock2 addition to the S7700 would make with a DAC that re-clocks the signal from a FIFO buffer?

In theory, it should have not effect, but I have yet to experience a DAC that does reclocking that is not sensitive to jitter from the transport to some extent.  I guess it's usually because the reclocker uses a PLL rather than a fixed stable clock....hard to predict.

byteme

« Reply #21 on: 24 Jul 2004, 05:00 pm »
No Sgt. Pepper - the only beatles I've got is One - I know, I'm ashamed of myself!

Yes is on right now - very nice!  I've got the MFSL Subdivisions - but only the "regular" of my all time favorite Rush, Moving Pictures.  Is that one out remastered?  Cause I'm not paying $70 for the MFSL version.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #22 on: 24 Jul 2004, 07:57 pm »
Yes, all the Rush cd's are out in remastered form.

Moving Pictures is a good one, but my favorite is a tie between Hemispheres and Farewell to Kings.

All Rush cd's were very good up to and including Hold Your Fire.  After that it is hit or miss (and the last few have missed).

George

audiojerry

« Reply #23 on: 27 Jul 2004, 02:22 am »
Nice writeup Byteme and thanks for sharing your views with the rest of us.
Any chance we could do a comparison between your modded tport and my $2495 Classe CDT 1.0? I'd love to hear that EA S7700.

byteme

« Reply #24 on: 27 Jul 2004, 01:46 pm »
Quote from: audiojerry
Nice writeup Byteme and thanks for sharing your views with the rest of us.
Any chance we could do a comparison between your modded tport and my $2495 Classe CDT 1.0? I'd love to hear that EA S7700.

I don't see why not!  I'd be happy to bring it by some time could also bring the Nixon and a digital cable or two.

audiojerry

« Reply #25 on: 28 Jul 2004, 03:23 am »
Quote from: byteme

I don't see why not!  I'd be happy to bring it by some time could also bring the Nixon and a digital cable or two.

Or, I could bring my transport to you. Either way would be great with me.