A Touring the Gateway scene for the Ole Gals ... (GASer's only)

drummerwill

My old gals the Wurlitzer Twins, don't get out much these days. But I've freshen them up a bit.
  Gave em new Hair-do's, Painted their Lips, Pulled in the corset strings tight, and Put them in new
  High-heels.
     It took a long time for the Botox to take effect, and you can barely see the wrinkles. But now
  they don't show their age as much ( born in the late 1930's).
     What has taken the longest time was not getting them to start singing again, they've been
  singing since shortly after I revived them. What's taken so long to make them presentable to the
  public was, one of the twins was really subborn about being very noisey while singing.
     Well it's been a long struggle getting that one in line but now both sing together in Sweet,
  Stereophonic all DHT reproduced music. A real treat to hear. ... The amps are (2)Type 30 input
  tubes RC couple to a Type 45 IT coupled to PP45 to a Electra-Print custom wound 8 ohm OPT .
   The power supplies have been completly rebuilt using modern Oil caps and Metal film's. These
  amps run in Class B and for a PP45 amp put out about 6 to 8 watts. They had no problems driving
  my 89db JBL L-112's or my 104db Altec A-7's

Link to my Wurlitzer Gallery  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=928

So a few lucky GASer's will get a chance to borrow this pair of monoblocks for 2 weeks then pass
  them along to the next person on the list. Thats about what we did the last time with the 845
  Tour.
      If you are interested in taking part in the tour please contact me via PM.  
       I would like to restrict the list to 6 or 7 GASer's only for now, first come first up.
       I'll make up a list of participates and everyone will know who gets them next.
       You guys make arrangements to get them to the next person and I'll make
       arrangements for the last of the Tour.

Have fun!
Willie

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?

Looking good...... :beer:

Scott F.

Let the other guys have at them first but you can count me in on the demo tour  :thumb:
Can't wait to hear them with the OB's. Who knows, maybe I'll get motivated enough to start building that pair of PP45's I've threatened to do for so long. Those and the 50's :oops:

DeadFish

Swell gesture, Willie! Thanks!
P/M sent, but somebody else go first.
I need my music sense 'rejuvinated'!

DeadFish

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
I'd love to hear 'em but I don't have anything in the house that's gonna be anywhere close to something they'll want to drive.  They are looking sweet though Willie.

Bryan

alexstl

Hi Willie,  thank you for your generous offer!  I would love to try them with my Cain and Cain Abbeys (which I am loving with my vintage Scott 222) and also my Lothers.  I am leaving town at the end of the week until May 6th.  Can I be in line after that?  thanks again,  Alex

drummerwill

You are on the list. I'll comtact you once the list is complete.
   Have fun!
   Willie

G

Personally I say we storm Drummer's house and demand to see what else he has stashed away from the listening public! :lol: Nice looking amps Drummer.

mark@marktwain

Hey Willie,

Twins! Very nice. Count me in on the tour, if the logistics work out. If possible I'd like to pick the amps up next month when we have the record romp.

Mark

MerRev

thanks again for yet another kind offer Willie.  The Wurlitzer based chassis' are incredibly cool and O'Henry is one lucky man.  8)

I probably won't sign up for the tour but I would love to invite myself to a fellow Gassers house who is using them.  :icon_lol:

ohenry

thanks again for yet another kind offer Willie.  The Wurlitzer based chassis' are incredibly cool and O'Henry is one lucky man.  8)

I probably won't sign up for the tour but I would love to invite myself to a fellow Gassers house who is using them.  :icon_lol:

Yes, I'm lucky to be ridin' on that train... a Lionel that makes music.  :D  And the push-pull makes it smooth and dynamic.