My Omega Custom Shop Towers brought me here

fortunato_thestudio

My Omega Custom Shop Towers brought me here
« on: 21 Jun 2022, 12:31 am »
Hello everyone, new to the AudioCircle and wanted to introduce myself. I just acquired some 2013 Omega Custom Shop speakers and wanted to know more and hang with the crew, so to speak. AC boards were instrumental in figuring out what these actually were before I bought them, so I'm thankful for that. I'll add some pics.

I have then in an awkward room... one in a doorway, one in an open passthru to the dining room... however they don't seem to care and sound amazing. My Cornwalls would NOT be so easy going! I'm using an Apt Holman preamp and a Trends TA 10.1 for power. Even with less than ideal source (AppleTV) into a Pro-ject FL DAC, still am LOVING the sound. Playing mostly jazz. First test was Miles, second was Nala Sinephro. I was gonna shop for a real streamer, but just spent my money on the Omegas instead. (I rescued them from a picker on CL)

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Re: My Omega Custom Shop Towers brought me here
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2022, 01:30 am »
 :thumb:

jmolsberg

« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2022, 01:34 am »
Those are cool! Listen in good health

jandrews

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2022, 03:18 am »
Those are intriguing speakers
I bet they sound great… how’s the bass?
Are they rear ported ?
What are the dimensions ?
Love that tweed laminate covering
My Deep Hemp sub from that same era is covered in the black version of that same tweed.

fortunato_thestudio

« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2022, 10:37 pm »
Those are intriguing speakers
I bet they sound great… how’s the bass?
Are they rear ported ?
What are the dimensions ?
Love that tweed laminate covering
My Deep Hemp sub from that same era is covered in the black version of that same tweed.

Thanks, they do sound great. Bass is shocking for such a small driver. The cabs are rear ported and 34hx14dx8w, so that volume helps. The don't hit ferociously, but on small ensemble stuff, the clarity and punch is quite awesome.

The tweed is cool! Such great care in building too... with the durability of that surface, they will look new for a long time.

How do you like your sub? I bet that would really round-out the low-end of these.

jandrews

« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2022, 12:57 am »
Thank you
I'm considering asking Louis to make me a set of floor standers once he's back up and running.
that's a lot of cubic inches!  I'm listening to my Super 7's (mk I) right now with the older deep hemp sub.  My monitors are 10"w x 14"d x 18"h

Both from the same era as your speakers (2014/2015)

The sub is great...it has the old Dayton plate amp.  His newer subs use a different plate amp. Not sure sure if it's better or not but it does allow full phase control not just the 180º switch like mine.  I'm pretty sure the same green paper driver is still used in the newer subs.

I'd love to find another identical sub to the one I have to run dual subs.   

Here's they are:

jMelvin

« Reply #6 on: 28 Jun 2022, 01:13 pm »
Very nice! I love the finish as well. The color looks similar, if not identical, to my Super 3i's and DeepHemp 8 (EKO Ash Tweed). Best of luck with them and good listening.