Any Omega owners own or hear Daedalus?

Kray

Any Omega owners own or hear Daedalus?
« on: 15 Jul 2022, 09:20 pm »
I've been interested in a second set of high efficiency speakers and been reading good things about Daedalus. Anyone own or hear any of the Daedalus that can compare the 'house sound' to Omegas?

nature boy

Re: Any Omega owners own or hear Daedalus?
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jul 2022, 10:03 pm »
I own the Omega XRS SAHO speakers and have listened extensively to several Daedalus speakers with ModWright amps and preamps. The Daedalus offerings are the best multi-driver speakers these ears have ever heard.

If you have the budget I would highly recommend going with Daedalus. Definitely an "end of the search" speaker with exceptional crafted wood cabinets, which result in the price. Given the high sensitivity they also pair well with a wide variety of solid state and tube amplification.

Call Lou talk with him about your room and equipment. He won't steer you wrong. Lou attends several audio shows each year and regularly has ModWright amps & preamps paired with his speakers.

NB

Kray

« Reply #2 on: 15 Jul 2022, 10:17 pm »
I own the Omega XRS SAHO speakers and have listened extensively to several Daedalus speakers with ModWright amps and preamps. The Daedalus offerings are the best multi-driver speakers these ears have ever heard.

If you have the budget I would highly recommend going with Daedalus. Definitely an "end of the search" speaker with exceptional crafted wood cabinets, which result in the price. Given the high sensitivity they also pair well with a wide variety of solid state and tube amplification.

Call Lou talk with him about your room and equipment. He won't steer you wrong. Lou attends several audio shows each year and regularly has ModWright amps & preamps paired with his speakers.

NB

Hi NB. this is exactly what I wanted to hear :D
I’m trying to cram in research so I don’t miss out on a pair of used ones, since they don’t come up very often for sale used.
Appreciate the feedback

nature boy

« Reply #3 on: 15 Jul 2022, 10:43 pm »
Good luck with the search. Lou offers a slight discount for pairs he brings to shows, if there is one near you and the right model.

NB

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2022, 11:58 pm »
Daedalus is 15 minutes from me yet I've never heard them  :oops: