Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers

bobski

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #320 on: 25 Aug 2021, 10:51 pm »
Upgraded the speakers...and the streamer   8)
Omega super XRS 8 and Auralic Altair G1

bakufu

« Reply #321 on: 12 Sep 2021, 01:28 pm »

SuperXRSSeattle

« Reply #322 on: 19 Sep 2021, 06:49 pm »
Wow, bakufu. too many questions but what speaker wire? I was just going to order more Supra. What do you like on your setup? is that iso feet on the bench, and the speakers?  :o
(I think I have the same bench, good stuff)

Regal looking K-9  8)

bakufu

« Reply #323 on: 27 Oct 2021, 04:43 pm »
it took time and patience, but i did finally get my subs dialled in to  my satisfaction.

bakufu

« Reply #324 on: 1 Nov 2021, 03:39 pm »
Wow, bakufu. too many questions but what speaker wire? I was just going to order more Supra. What do you like on your setup? is that iso feet on the bench, and the speakers?  :o
(I think I have the same bench, good stuff)

Regal looking K-9  8)

oh sorry i missed your question.  i've been experimenting with different speaker cables mainly swapping between spatial audio quantum field from clayton shaw (unfortunately no longer in production) and duelund western electric.  i'm hearing wonderful things about auditorium23, and i may pick up a pair.  on the speakers i'm using herbie gliders, recommended by louis.  the bench is the gladiator 8' work table from home depot.  it's a monster!

RDavidson

« Reply #325 on: 2 Nov 2021, 05:27 pm »
oh sorry i missed your question.  i've been experimenting with different speaker cables mainly swapping between spatial audio quantum field from clayton shaw (unfortunately no longer in production) and duelund western electric.  i'm hearing wonderful things about auditorium23, and i may pick up a pair.  on the speakers i'm using herbie gliders, recommended by louis.  the bench is the gladiator 8' work table from home depot.  it's a monster!

Ask Dave at ZenWave if he can send you a demo pair of his SCR-14 speakers cables to try out. They are EXCELLENT. Been using them with my CAM's which are also internally wired with ZenWave (though not the SCR. The SCR came out after I had owned my CAM's for a few years). I once had Auditorium 23 speaker cables in my set-up. They're very good, but didn't feel they did anything better (or worse) than my old standby Crimson Audio speaker cables...just different.

Beautiful system, by the way.

bakufu

« Reply #326 on: 2 Nov 2021, 08:02 pm »
Ask Dave at ZenWave if he can send you a demo pair of his SCR-14 speakers cables to try out. They are EXCELLENT. Been using them with my CAM's which are also internally wired with ZenWave (though not the SCR. The SCR came out after I had owned my CAM's for a few years). I once had Auditorium 23 speaker cables in my set-up. They're very good, but didn't feel they did anything better (or worse) than my old standby Crimson Audio speaker cables...just different.

Beautiful system, by the way.

thanks! 

Lasse 5214

« Reply #327 on: 25 Mar 2022, 07:53 pm »
My system right now.
Omega super six alnico monitor with Triode Japan made tube cd player and Cayin cs-55a tube amplifier.
Great sound but sadly to harsh treble. And i have a overly damped room.

Rolsson

« Reply #328 on: 1 Jul 2022, 09:47 am »
Hi!
Anyone still have a pair of Super 3 BPC?

Rolsson

« Reply #329 on: 1 Jul 2022, 02:29 pm »
Back side

joessportster

• Set & Single Driver Bliss
« Reply #330 on: 30 Nov 2022, 04:02 pm »
Happy new member of the Omega Club, Max Hemp................Unbelievable BASS for an 8" driver. I thought I would have to be close to the front wall to re-enforce the BASS but 40" off the wall and still plentiful

Kray

« Reply #331 on: 30 Nov 2022, 05:00 pm »
Happy new member of the Omega Club, Max Hemp................Unbelievable BASS for an 8" driver. I thought I would have to be close to the front wall to re-enforce the BASS but 40" off the wall and still plentiful

Welcome to the club  :thumb:

What gear are you using with them?

joessportster

« Reply #332 on: 30 Nov 2022, 06:53 pm »
Welcome to the club  :thumb:

What gear are you using with them?
Hello

Source is a 6 TB Hard Drive, connected to my 2014+ Mac Mini, Which is connected to my Digital Amp Company USB / SPDIF convertor Via either my starlight 7 or core tech diamond USB Cable.,
The convertor is  connected to my Abass 2.2SE DAC via Audioquest SPDIF Cable (Cant recall the name its blue)
The Abass is connected to my current PRE, Ampsandsound Kenzie with some canare home brew cables.
The Kenzie is connected to my Quicksilver Horn Mono amps via the same canare cables
Speaker wire is the GR Research (Kimber clone) 12TC

I Lost my stand during some down sizing a while ago it was the Mapleshade Samson. Each piece of gear is setting on Mapleshade Brass Footers. The Omega are setting on stock rubber feet on top of stock sand boxes

Very Revealing with massive stage and superb Bass. Quite holographic. I just got set up a week ago and have not had a chance to get a carpet for the room so its a fairly live room. Plans are to have a much larger room in the near future after some garage modification.

Kray

« Reply #333 on: 2 Dec 2022, 03:25 pm »
Hello

Source is a 6 TB Hard Drive, connected to my 2014+ Mac Mini, Which is connected to my Digital Amp Company USB / SPDIF convertor Via either my starlight 7 or core tech diamond USB Cable.,
The convertor is  connected to my Abass 2.2SE DAC via Audioquest SPDIF Cable (Cant recall the name its blue)
The Abass is connected to my current PRE, Ampsandsound Kenzie with some canare home brew cables.
The Kenzie is connected to my Quicksilver Horn Mono amps via the same canare cables
Speaker wire is the GR Research (Kimber clone) 12TC

I Lost my stand during some down sizing a while ago it was the Mapleshade Samson. Each piece of gear is setting on Mapleshade Brass Footers. The Omega are setting on stock rubber feet on top of stock sand boxes

Very Revealing with massive stage and superb Bass. Quite holographic. I just got set up a week ago and have not had a chance to get a carpet for the room so its a fairly live room. Plans are to have a much larger room in the near future after some garage modification.

Nice. I've always felt Omegas were underrated, especially with the right amps. I know you've rolled thru a ton of DACs, is the Abass the final? or at least for a while :D

joessportster

« Reply #334 on: 5 Dec 2022, 02:52 pm »
Hey Kray

Yes a ton of DACs I feel like to beat the Abass would take GOBs of $$$ I will never have, so it is my endgame DAC. I would like to move up the Abass chain but with the current happenings in Ukraine I dont see that happening. The 2.2SE is the closest I have come to "my memory" of the Vinyl experience. It is lifelike with superb stage, weight, layering. It has great extension in both treble and bass. Plenty of detail retrieval. It only lacks in connectivity and higher Res. file rates neither of which are a concern of mine. I mainly listen to 96-24 and below and I use a nice Digital Amp Company convertor that is seamless in operation. When i do have a file rate above 96 I can set the format in J-River to 96 and all is well. I can not recommend the Abass highly enough to anyone looking for realism & Musicality in playback

Joe

aniwolfe

« Reply #335 on: 14 Jan 2023, 05:52 pm »
New to Full Range Speakers. I just got the Baby's in yesterday. Baby Alnico Monitors in French Walnut. More to come.

What is the approximate hours for full break in?

Kray

« Reply #336 on: 14 Jan 2023, 06:39 pm »
New to Full Range Speakers. I just got the Baby's in yesterday. Baby Alnico Monitors in French Walnut. More to come.

What is the approximate hours for full break in?

Beautiful speakers! very cool custom alnico. In my experience Alnicos can take rollercoaster ride of breaking in, but after about 100hrs they start settling in.

joessportster

« Reply #337 on: 14 Jan 2023, 07:55 pm »
Beautiful speakers! very cool custom alnico. In my experience Alnicos can take rollercoaster ride of breaking in, but after about 100hrs they start settling in.

Is that the Spatial x-2 I see in the background ?  Nice looking Omegas and Spatials

aniwolfe

« Reply #338 on: 14 Jan 2023, 08:34 pm »
Yes they are the X-2's.

seikosha

« Reply #339 on: 14 Jan 2023, 09:52 pm »
Yes they are the X-2's.

Is there something lacking with the X-2’s that made you want to try the Omegas?