Super 3S

Jazzaudio

Super 3S
« on: 12 Feb 2015, 04:27 am »
I noticed the Super 3S isn't listed on the website any longer....has it been discontinued?

Capt. Yossarian

Re: Super 3S
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2015, 09:58 pm »
Sadly, it would appear so, Jazzaudio.

I'm so glad I got mine when I did -- I've enjoyed them for about 15 months now, along with a Dared 2A3C integrated amplifier. The combination has been absolute heaven -- nothing quite like it.

Hopefully, though, you'll be open to considering the current offerings -- Louis makes superb speakers, and I wouldn't be put off by a change in the lineup of their offerings.

ccklone

• The Only Good Head is a Deadhead
Re: Super 3S
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2015, 10:21 pm »
Hey Now,

I really like my 3Ss, I mean really like 'em. I am powering them with Monarchy Audio SM70 Pro monoblocks with a Parasound P3 pre-amp all balanced with an Audio-gd Reference 5 DAC and John Kenny MK III USB/SPDIF converter using an iMac with Fidelia or Audivarna Plus or a Rega Planar 2 w/Grace 707 arm and AT440MLa through an iFi iPhono stage. I am just floored at the sound I am getting - the imaging is spot on, the detail and clarity remarkable and the speed. I am in a smallish 12x12 dedicated listening room and don't feel the need to augment the bass with a sub, especially for the music I am currently listening to. I am really enjoying the 3Ss!

I also have some 3Ts for the computer near field set up with an iFi Nano DSD DAC into a Bottlehead Quickie with a 6K6 Maggie 88-02 PP console pull. My computer set up is in the same listening room, but in the closet, which has been converted into an alcove. Sounds superlative.

After listening to these Omegas, I can't imagine that the other offerings wouldn't be just as amazing.

--
Finest kind,
Chris