Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.

vinyl_lady

Re: Audiocircle member RMAF 2010 show coverage.
« Reply #300 on: 19 Oct 2010, 11:35 pm »
Here are a few more pics from the show

The Departure Audio room featured Herron electronics and Canton speakers. I wasn't wild about the sound I heard here although I was captivated by the lava lamp. I think it was the speakers, not my cup of tea because I have heard Herron electronics before and liked them, especially in the mids.

The Opera Consonance LP6.1 + T988 TT/tone arm combo in the Grant Fidelity room. I did not get to hear this TT.

One of the TTWeights rim drive TT. I was in this room 4 different times wanting to hear one of Larry's new TT. Each time he was explaining the engineering design to someone and it seemed like he was more interested in talking engineering/design than listening to music so I finally gave up so I can't comment on the TT ability to convey the music in the grroves, but they are beautifully designed and made.

The Teres Certus set up in the Soundsmith room. As I have said before, the sound with the Strain guage was heavenly.

The "Oh Canada" Listen Up room featuring NAD electronics and PSB speakers. I'm not sure of the model, but the retail is around $5,000. I was quite impressed with the sound in this room, especially for the money. The speakers delivered coherent sound with very good bass.

sumadoggie

« Reply #301 on: 19 Oct 2010, 11:42 pm »

Sjofn HiFi featuring "The Clue," a small monitor speaker which the importer claims the bass can go down to 28 hz on a 3 3/4" mid/bass driver.  He demonstrated bass with some bass kick drums cd, which sounded clean and articulate.  Overall, "The Clue" produced clean sound, with decent imaging.  Show special price: $999 pr.  :thumb:

A correction should be noted about the above post.  "The Clue" isn't imported, but it's designed and built in Seattle, WA.  Seattle native James Croft was at RMAF imparting his crazy audio brilliance to whomever wanted an earful.  Here's the link to Sjofn HiFi's store:  http://www.sjofnhifi.com/servlet/Categories?category=%28the+clue%29+loudpseakers

The Sjofn HiFi room and in particular "the clue" (driven by Supra cables and Hegel electronics) had a great review Saturday night in Stereophile's blog coverage of the show.

Cheers!

Mariusz

« Reply #302 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:01 am »
I could be wrong but.......... aren't those PartsExpress enclosures?
Not that there is something wrong with that (I am using them myself - curved).

Mariusz

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #303 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:04 am »
I could be wrong but.......... aren't those PartsExpress enclosures?
Not that there is something wrong with that (I am using them myself - curved).

Mariusz

If you're right, I'll vote you for the A.C 2010 Good Eye Award

AlexG

• Industry Participant
« Reply #304 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:06 am »
Back at the ranch...

Just a few words to thank every one that stopped by...It was great to see many Ac's and meet new faces like John (The Chair Guy - about time), Rim (Woodsyi) and Laura (vinyl_lady)... very much appreciated your kind comments  :thumb:

Pez...nice to see you too. I didn't mean to push out the room  :lol:

All the best to everyone.

Alex

Randy

« Reply #305 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:07 am »
Tyson - thanks.  I see the MA Bach on lute is in two volumes. I might try one, too. I have an old CD of something similar (perhaps on the Delos label), on guitar, I believe. Here it is.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=paul+galbraith&x=0&y=0

Mariusz

« Reply #306 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:12 am »
If you're right, I'll vote you for the A.C 2010 Good Eye Award.
I was already nominated - you obviously haven't look at my avatar.  :wink:
And yes, I bet you a bottle those are exactly that. 
But like I said - nothing wrong with that. I am aware of at least one other manufacturer who uses stock cabs for his quite successful entry speakers.

Mariusz

ltr317

« Reply #307 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:31 am »
A correction should be noted about the above post.  "The Clue" isn't imported, but it's designed and built in Seattle, WA.  Seattle native James Croft was at RMAF imparting his crazy audio brilliance to whomever wanted an earful.  Here's the link to Sjofn HiFi's store:  http://www.sjofnhifi.com/servlet/Categories?category=%28the+clue%29+loudpseakers

The Sjofn HiFi room and in particular "the clue" (driven by Supra cables and Hegel electronics) had a great review Saturday night in Stereophile's blog coverage of the show.

Cheers!

Sorry, my bad.  I just assumed they are imported because I've bought Supra cables last year from Sjofn Hifi, and have heard Guru speakers several times in the NY metro area.  Even the Sjofn Hifi website states: Audio, S/V and Jazz from Sweden. 

Wayner

« Reply #308 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:42 am »
One thing I've noticed (or lack of) is that if you are going to cover a show under the badge of "Audiocircles", you might want to pamper those site sponsors that actually pay the bills. I've have notice a rather lack of site sponsor coverage, but rather those that have nothing to do with the Audiocircles.

Just making a point.

Wayner

JohnR

« Reply #309 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:49 am »
Sorry, but there is no reason for anyone to feel obliged to "pamper" anyone. If someone is interested in a specific room, they can always just ask... Thanks... ;)

WGH

« Reply #310 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:50 am »
The Galibier TT in the Daedalus Audio room was the Stelvio I

I believe that is Wally Malewicz demonstrating his Wallyskater and not Dr. Feickert

Thanks Laura - I didn't take very many notes either.
Wally was so focused on demonstrating his jig I didn't want to interrupt to ask his name.

Wayne

Wayner

« Reply #311 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:53 am »
Sorry, but there is no reason for anyone to feel obliged to "pamper" anyone. If someone is interested in a specific room, they can always just ask... Thanks... ;)

Perhaps the site sponsors have a different opinion.

Wayner

JohnR

« Reply #312 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:55 am »
And perhaps they don't. You're just speculating, whereas I'm making an authoritative statement. If one of them has a problem, then they can contact me directly. Thanks.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #313 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:59 am »
And perhaps they don't. You're just speculating, whereas I'm making an authoritative statement. If one of them has a problem, then they can contact me directly. Thanks.

:notworthy:
As we say at work in my business, it's their sandbox that we play in...

Wayner

« Reply #314 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:00 am »
I think it only fair that site sponsors get at least some coverage. If anyone, Tyson or Pez or who ever is going to cover a show and call it Audiocircle coverage, then I (as a contributing member) expect that every contributing member (manufacturer) get at least fair coverage. While I did enjoy the job the boys did, It was not fair and balanced to those manufacturers that have paid homage to the circles.

Wayner

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #315 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:04 am »
I think it only fair that site sponsors get at least some coverage. If anyone, Tyson or Pez or who ever is going to cover a show and call it Audiocircle coverage, then I (as a contributing member) expect that every contributing member (manufacturer) get at least fair coverage. While I did enjoy the job the boys did, It was not fair and balanced to those manufacturers that have paid homage to the circles.

Wayner

But all of the coverage is under RMAF Show and Events that A.C. members have voted for.  Right?  Important to remember that it's a two way street...without members (buyers) the vendors (you) have nothing. 

clearsound

• Industry Participant
  • BMC, Ayon, Clearwave speakers, Acoustic Zen,W4S...
    • ClearSound Audio
« Reply #316 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:05 am »
The veneer on the Acoustic Zen Crescendo speaker at RMAF is satin Rosewood,same as the pair set up here.  We have several new finishes becoming available as well as this beautiful Rosewood...  Piano Black,  Piano Redwood, and more.. please call 631-848-7455 if you'd like more info...

Wayner

« Reply #317 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:09 am »
But all of the coverage is under RMAF Show and Events that A.C. members have voted for.  Right?  Important to remember that it's a two way street...without members (buyers) the vendors (you) have nothing.

And if no one sponsors the Audiocircles, you wouldn't even know when the RMAF was!

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #318 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:10 am »

Wayner

Thanks for the chuckle from this reader,,, that's one unbelievable outlook you have there.  :lol:

Cheers,
Robin

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #319 on: 20 Oct 2010, 01:16 am »
And if no one sponsors the Audiocircles, you wouldn't even know when the RMAF was!

Really?  I guess you should borrow all TAS mags from Frank to see all the ads.   :lol:

Yep, without A.C. we're all screwed!  Dude, you're funny!!!