Windows driver issues when using multiple NuPrime devices?

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Does anyone else have this odd blip like me? I feel like it's a Windows thing.

I install the NuPrime Windows drivers (I'm on Win7). Plug in my uDSD, device installs and it works just fine. Plug in the IDA-16, it tells me not recognized and it doesn't even show up in my device list. Go back to the uDSD, and now it's not recognized either.

Re-install NuPrime driver. Plug in IDA-16, it installs and works fine. Plug in uDSD, nope now it doesn't recognize. Go back to IDA-16, nope now it doesn't work either.

So basically I need to reinstall the drivers if I want to switch devices. And if I plug in a different one, it "deletes" the memory of the previous one and nothing works. Not a huge deal as I typically feed my IDA-16 from the uDSD coax, but still annoying.
« Last Edit: 1 Jan 2016, 11:09 pm by Armaegis »

rustydoglim

• Facilitator
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Windows driver issues when using multiple NuPrime devices?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jan 2016, 10:29 pm »
Windows USB audio device driver is not designed to connect to two of the same device. It might be possible if we make two version of the driver but that could confuse people.

Armaegis

• slumming it between headphones and pro audio
Re: Windows driver issues when using multiple NuPrime devices?
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jan 2016, 11:14 pm »
The NuPrime control panel looks like it has potential for a drop-down menu for devices. Is this something that might be incorporated in the future to allow multiple devices to serve off the single driver? (not sure if that's even possible though?!?)

edit: actually better question... would it be possible for future updates to the driver to not "forget" about what was installed if we accidentally plug in a different device?
« Last Edit: 3 Jan 2016, 05:46 pm by Armaegis »