Trying to rip from Windows in Parallels but it says "insufficient space"

testsound

I'm using Power2Go because I read that Pure Read function of Pioneer drive is guaranteed to work on that software.
I know there is enough space in the HDD so why could this message pop up?

avta

I’ve not used those programs but is it possible that message is referring to the space on a virtual drive and/or partition you created to install Parallels?

testsound

I guess that must be it, although the folder I directed to is a folder in the Mac. Not sure how to direct incoming rips into out of the partition.

avta

If that is the issue you may be able to increase the size of the partition using Disk Utility.  This will depend on the available disk space on your hard drive.

testsound

I don't remember partitioning when I created this Parallels and when I went to Disk Utility there is no Parallels section.

testsound

If I use bootcamp instead, would that rip to Mac, not a partition?

avta

Boot Camp is a program included with Mac OS so you won’t be creating a new partition as far as I know. What are you using to rip? I assume you know you can rip in Mac OS using a program such as XLD.

testsound

Power2go the software I'm using. This is the only ripping software that is guaranteed to work with Pioneer's PureRead technology, according to Japanese sources I've seen.

avta

I would be surprised if that were the case however you could try XLD. Its free and considered by many me included to be one of the best rippers for Mac.
https://tmkk.undo.jp/xld/index_e.html

eduzit714

Using Parallels on a Mac to run Windows may have an issue with regard to software having direct access to the CD drive.

Parallels may be using a generic driver that is exposed to Windows and then translating to it's hardware. It is unlikely to be able to give direct access to the hardware to a different OS on top of it without some sort of software shim.

I would reconsider this approach.

You could dual boot your Mac Book via Boot Camp (there are other methods as well but this works fine). This would allow you to boot to Windows directly on the hardware. This would definitely work. The downside is that you would need to to create a partition of your hard drive. Currently your parallels is a file on the Mac partition that has your Windows installed on it. You could make this file bigger via Parallels in order to give you space to work. This, however, is unlikely to be the only problem you will have with this.

You could get a Mac based ripping software. XLD is reported to work with Pure Read 3+. I have not tested it.