ZU Audio Soul Supreme. Any opinions or experience with these speakers?

Nsm1979

:popcorn:

I’m glad you’ll get to hear them with some Cherries. Never heard those amps, but have been curious to do so. They might be able to show you a new side of the DW’s. But maybe not. Would be good to hear your impressions if you’re willing to share afterward.
[/quote]

I have the Inline Mono Cherry 60V version and have been on the fence regarding purchasing the DWs.  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Which Cherry amp did the OP get from Tommy?

AvsFan

:popcorn:

I’m glad you’ll get to hear them with some Cherries. Never heard those amps, but have been curious to do so. They might be able to show you a new side of the DW’s. But maybe not. Would be good to hear your impressions if you’re willing to share afterward.

I have the Inline Mono Cherry 60V version and have been on the fence regarding purchasing the DWs.  Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Which Cherry amp did the OP get from Tommy?

I started with the 48v STM and went to some 250 watt per channel Golden Cherry Monoblocks. I initially started looking at amps with massive power supplies and balls because I had Magnepna LRS's. And those things are brutal on lightweight amps. I was getting amps to shut down left and right with those Maggie's. 

I have since then switched to Hegel amps. A Rost and an H390 and WHOAAAA! Is all I can say about those.

RonN5

AvsFan

If you don't mind me asking...and if you don't have an agreement with Zu not to discuss....what is the upcharge for that red?

Also, not at all surprised by your Cherry Amp comments....when I switched from a Halo to a 2Cherry on my Salks....it was like night and day.

AvsFan

AvsFan

If you don't mind me asking...and if you don't have an agreement with Zu not to discuss....what is the upcharge for that red?

Also, not at all surprised by your Cherry Amp comments....when I switched from a Halo to a 2Cherry on my Salks....it was like night and day.

I paid a total of $2200 for the finish and the Jupiter Cap upgrade. ZU usually charges more for that type of finish but they hooked me up since this is my 3rd pair of speakers with them.

And yeah, Cherry amps are the real deal! Tommy is awesome! 

AvsFan

Here are some pictures of my set ups with the Cherry amps.

thetakeout

I will definitely chime in after I get the Cherry Amps in the house.  I will also get to borrow a rel t/9i at the same time, so lots of fun to be had.

It will probably take me a week or so to get the gear in house.  Simultaneously I will be hitting my busiest time of my year so it may be a long and winding trip before I get to really sit down and learn.  But I will be happy to share my experience. 

Currently I'm in a good sized room, maybe 14x20 with a vaulted ceiling.  They didn't seem to mesh with my smaller room.  That room had low ceilings and it gets over excited very easily. 

I too want to get some spatials in the house.  I was lucky enough to hear some M3 Turbos and loved them.  I would love to here the M5 or M3 Sapphires.  Frankly I want a big expansive sound so I hope my next speakers are Cornwall IV's or of the Spatial offerings.  I also would love to hear the Soul Supremes in house.  I have contemplated doing the trade in with Zu for them.  I guess the apprehension to drop and extra $3,500 on audio gear is why I don't have one of those options in house right now. 

Lots of fun options out there. 

thetakeout

AVSFAN,

How do the Cherry's perform with the DW's at lower levels.  We have covered that the speakers perform well at low levels and they mate well with the Cherry amps.  Does this combo work well at all levels or do you give up some of the low level performance to gain better dynamics? 

Thanks for your thoughts.