Mini-Update Review

Harmon

Mini-Update Review
« on: 18 Nov 2003, 11:49 pm »
Most of the break-in of the Purist occurs at 100 hours but seems to break in a little more afterwards. I have the Purist a little over 2 and a half months and it seems to be improving a slight amount more in almost every area of sound. Soundstages a bit more in back of speakers, more palpability, more natural etc.

TheChairGuy

Mini-Update Review
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2003, 01:07 am »
Harmon,

Just got mine today and it sounds, well, kinda' awful after 3 hours (but FULLY expected).

Actually, there are various parts of it's presentation (bass, neutrality) that betters my lowly Hafler Series 915 and Dynaco PAS-4 quite handily already.

I can say this however with unqualifed candor - what a hunk of metal it is!  Reminiscent of many an overpriced, high-end pieces of equipment I have heard, seen and drooled over the years but, alas, I have been to cheap to buy. Robust construction on the order of Simaudio and YBA...stuff that starts at $1800.00 and rises quickly to over $11,500.00.  Hold on, my 4 year old SAAB just cost me $11,500.00 off lease...it does quite a bit more than any preamp ever will for me and my family.

Perhaps my (frugal) prince has arrived in the form of the Purist LLC from IRD?