JPLAY FEMTO Released

wushuliu

JPLAY FEMTO Released
« on: 15 Nov 2018, 06:23 pm »
A new version of Jplay has been released. It's the first update since 6.2 came out 3 years ago, and well worth it. It is a significant upgrade even on my bloated W10 PC loaded with apps. Free 21 day trial. Upgrade cost is 49€, New users: JPlay 7/mini only is 99, Femto (network, DLNA, etc) 149.

http://jplay.eu/

TJHUB

Re: JPLAY FEMTO Released
« Reply #1 on: 15 Nov 2018, 06:26 pm »
As a long time JPLAY user, it’s amazing what they’ve been able to do with Femto.  A must try IMO!

wushuliu

« Reply #2 on: 15 Nov 2018, 06:30 pm »
As a long time JPLAY user, it’s amazing what they’ve been able to do with Femto.  A must try IMO!

I'm shocked tbh. Not often you get this kind of bump in SQ from any software/tweak/component.

TJHUB

« Reply #3 on: 15 Nov 2018, 06:32 pm »
I'm shocked tbh. Not often you get this kind of bump in SQ from any software/tweak/component.

Agreed.  It’s very impressive.

wushuliu

« Reply #4 on: 16 Jan 2019, 05:57 am »
Somehow got Jplay Femto to play at the highest setting (1000). Not sure how I did since I made a lot of tweaks since the last time I tried. I basically gave up on ever getting it to play at that setting. Perhaps it was changing the XMOS buffer settings. At any rate it's working now and man, so good.

And this is with a cheap cheap dac. Just goes to show there is so much performance left on the table with PCs/software. Frustrating at times, but when it pays off...

RoadTripper

« Reply #5 on: 16 Jan 2019, 05:39 pm »
Windows only?? Nothing for Mac OS??

wushuliu

« Reply #6 on: 16 Jan 2019, 07:01 pm »
Windows only?? Nothing for Mac OS??

No Mac. It involves tweaking the OS. Mac's are not OS tweak friendly.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2019, 07:58 pm »
   Good to know thanks allot.

charles :thumb:

Marcin_gps

« Reply #8 on: 27 Mar 2019, 02:28 pm »
I wrote a guide how to use JPLAY FEMTO with Roon. Perhaps it will be useful to some users here: http://jplay.eu/manual/#manual5

Regards,
Marcin