My New Canon

Mag

My New Canon
« on: 14 Jul 2022, 05:31 am »
Replaced my missing Canon PowerShot S100 with PowerShot SX740 HS. Pretty much the same camera but this camera doesn't have RAW mode whereas the S100 did. This camera has the swivel viewfinder which is real handy feature.
I love the convenience of this camera as opposed to my Canon EOS T2i. Pocket size you can carry it with you all the time, just keep the battery charged up. :smoke:

twitch54

Re: My New Canon
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jul 2022, 02:01 pm »
Great little 'grab & shoot' camera, I purchased the EOS M100 5 years ago for easy , light travel and have rarely used either of my SLR's since

Mag

« Reply #2 on: 2 Aug 2022, 01:13 am »
My first landscape photo with the SX740 HS. The picture is a farmer's field in sort of a valley with the river in the distance which you can't see. Across the river is a popular park or campground which is like a 25 mile trip to get there since there is no bridge directly across.

Tried zooming it in with software but it's not working for me. Will have to try using a different photo editor, lost my CS6 when my hard drive crashed.

Mag

« Reply #3 on: 2 Aug 2022, 01:53 am »
Zoomed edit but not with the photo software I want to use.

newzooreview

« Reply #4 on: 2 Aug 2022, 02:33 pm »
Tried zooming it in with software but it's not working for me.

If you have a Mac, you might try Pixelmator Pro. It does everything that Photoshop does, and it uses the Mac's machine learning chip to scale the resolution of photos much better than Photoshop in CS6.

It's also $40 to purchase. No subscription. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pixelmator-pro/id1289583905?mt=12