Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #140 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:29 pm »
Yep the extreme brightness is gone, I'm also just using one pair at the speakers  and volume levels seem about the same. I'm gonna stay with the one pair as I think with anything it could easily go too far if I add too many. Right now I'm just amazed these little things do so much and I just am enjoying the heck out of this new sound.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #141 on: 22 Nov 2010, 10:54 pm »
TONEPUB

Did you get yours yet?  Thoughts?

Agisthos

« Reply #142 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:27 pm »
We are now 8 pages into this thread, and noone has commented on Brian Cheney's testing, which showed the device worked best connected to the tweeters negative terminal directly, and did not work well on the bass/mid drivers.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #143 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:34 pm »
We are now 8 pages into this thread, and noone has commented on Brian Cheney's testing, which showed the device worked best connected to the tweeters negative terminal directly, and did not work well on the bass/mid drivers.

Maybe it could be no VMPS owner has tried them yet? Want to be the 1st? I'd be curious to hear your thoughts.  :o 

Cheers,
Robin

roscoeiii

« Reply #144 on: 23 Nov 2010, 04:53 pm »
Finally got my shipment notification yesterday, two weeks after ordering. If you were thinking of these as a stocking stuffer might want to put in your order now.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #145 on: 23 Nov 2010, 05:31 pm »
Hi Eclein,

Are you saying that the increased brightness you mentioned earlier has now gone...?
I've run on and off over the weekend and it still seems a little "strident" and bright to me.... although the general improvements are impressive.  Unlike some folk, I've not found I can run louder without fatigue, but it does sound much better at lower levels.... better for the old ears mind you.  Robin suggested I try with just one pair at the speakers as I currently have both ends.... I'll get around to it sometime.

Yes, after reading some advise from the designer about how easy it is to overuse these grounding devices in a system (no more than 2 per system stage was recommended from the designer), I thought it wouldn't hurt to see what Mark got with only 1 GE at the speaker. I sure hope he gets his brightness issue resolved.

That said, I've been up in the air whether I really wanted to place another order for GE w/bananas for my Butler amps so today, I took the pair off my front/rear center speakers and installed them on the main channel - terminals of my Butler. Well for me & my system I got my answer, another level of clarity seems to have presented itself (it's only been less than 1 hour) and I can say even at this early stage of my "acclimation period", I will be placing another order once the banana version show themselves. I'm also eyeballing my Force XL sub for an RCA GE at the right channel, I only use the left channel myself.

Take it from someone who's a selfprofessed sick tweekfreek, best bang for buck tweek ever IMHO.  8)   YMMV full disclosure.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #146 on: 23 Nov 2010, 05:46 pm »
+1 on Robins best bang... Amazing and virtually instant improvement system wide with something that's not supposed to do anything.  :scratch:

jhm731

« Reply #147 on: 23 Nov 2010, 07:01 pm »

Anyone tried connecting them directly to the drivers in other speakers?

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #148 on: 23 Nov 2010, 07:11 pm »
Anyone tried connecting them directly to the drivers in other speakers?

Read owenmd's posts.  :thumb:

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #149 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:35 pm »
I ordered these from Ric and paid through Paypal on November 7th.  Still have not heard from him.  Are others waiting this long to receive their enhancers?

Thanks,

Randy

roscoeiii

« Reply #150 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:41 pm »
I ordered mine around the same time and mine shipped on Monday of this week.

bacobits1

« Reply #151 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:42 pm »
Mine were ordered on the 10th I think it was.
I do not have them yet.

D

rklein

« Reply #152 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:50 pm »
OK.  Thanks Guys :D

Randy

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #153 on: 25 Nov 2010, 12:29 am »
I ordered these from Ric and paid through Paypal on November 7th.  Still have not heard from him.  Are others waiting this long to receive their enhancers?

Thanks,

Randy

Have you tried emailing him Randy? Ric's answered mine ok early on but I have since placed another order along with email questions and haven't got any answer. But that's ok as I can only imagine how busy this guy is right now. That probably doesn't make you any happier tho.   :?

So long as you have a Paypal receipt that has Ric's email address as a Verified Member, I'd be comfortable as I am while I wait for my 2nd order. You might want to go back and make sure the transaction is correct. I only mention this as I have made this address mistake before and the payment was cashed by another party. I had to get Paypal involved in order for them to send a refund. I'm real careful now with fully reviewing the transaction details before pushing that send button.  :duh:

As an indication of how busy this guy might possibly be, have you noticed just lately how many of them expensive Ground Control's have been turning up of sale on A'gon? That in itself to me might be an indicator of why Ric's not doing much participating in this thread to date.  :dunno:  But hopefully after the holidays, you'll be getting an early x-mas present tha you'll be as happy with as everyone else is.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

rklein

« Reply #154 on: 25 Nov 2010, 12:34 am »
Hi Robin:

My Paypal account shows the right transaction.  I am not too worried.  I figured that Ric would be overwhelmed on orders. Hopefully, I will get some news soon.

Randy

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #155 on: 25 Nov 2010, 12:43 am »
Likewise, I want to do up my 6 channel Butler amps and Force XL subwoofer yesterday.  :lol:  I still have my front/rear center loudspeaker Enhancers on my Butler amp main terminals so as much as I love surround music, it's strictly stereo for me til the ole maillady comes aknockin'.  :green:

Cheers,
Robin

Philistine

« Reply #156 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:07 am »
I ordered mine on the 8th and also still waiting.......................... :dunno:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #157 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:15 am »
I ordered mine on the 8th and also still waiting.......................... :dunno:

My 1st order was placed on the 5th & I waited nearly 2 weeks,,, snooze you lose Phil.  :green:  But they're worth the wait Phil, you can take that to the bank (imho)  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Dave G

« Reply #158 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:19 am »
I ordered on Nov. 7, got a shipment notice yesterday, and they came in today's mail. 

I inserted 2 pairs, one at the speaker end of the speaker cables and the other at the amp end of those cables.  I noticed an immediate change for the better, tighter bass and more clarity.  Very nice, especially at the price.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #159 on: 25 Nov 2010, 02:21 am »
I ordered on Nov. 7, got a shipment notice yesterday, and they came in today's mail. 

I inserted 2 pairs, one at the speaker end of the speaker cables and the other at the amp end of those cables.  I noticed an immediate change for the better, tighter bass and more clarity.  Very nice, especially at the price.

Hey Phil, looks like you're next in line,,,,,,, maybe next monday after the holidays.  :lol: