Action!

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Action!
« on: 19 Mar 2004, 01:42 pm »
Hey, where's that wild 'n crazy Brian?  Let's get some action going here, okay?
Brian, if you're too busy doing installs, send me some customers.  I'm in a funk.  Bozebusters, subwoofers and GR Research speakers built for money.  2 kids in college, 2 IV's from my wallet to them.  I need more income! :cry:

Brian Bunge

Action!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Mar 2004, 05:18 pm »
Hank,

I hear ya!  I've been pretty busy with the install thing lately.  I spent all last week pulling wires through conduit.  I'm hoping next week that we'll be assembling the audio rack and installing the equipment.  

I initially got orders for one of each of my three subs as soon as I launched the new website.  Since then...nothing.  I can't even seem to sell the three pairs of Micros that I've got on sale for $50 off on my website.  You can expect some reviews of them from a couple of guys coming up soon though!:)

Rory B.

Action!
« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2004, 06:27 pm »
It's that darn economy. The people who would ordinarily become interested in hi-fi don't have the money to support the hobby anymore.

Hank

Action!
« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2004, 05:20 pm »
So THAT'S why I don't have any customers or inquiries!!
I need to come up with something to sell besides speakers.  Maybe flyswatters. :(

Rory B.

Styling
« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2004, 09:27 pm »
Well, looking at your website, it looks like one thing you could do to improve your subwoofers is to give them all a consistent style. I really do not care for the look of a round grille, and I imagine there are plenty of other people out there who don't either. Same thing with the end table sub that has that slab of rock on top of it. Not everyone needs an end table sub. If you could make your subs look better, with styling that more closely resembles your Pulsar 9.1 speaker, and then tout their musicality (and also send one of them out for review to prove your claims), then you might be able to drum up more business.

Brian Bunge

Action!
« Reply #5 on: 4 May 2004, 12:26 am »
Rory,

Thanks for the input.  One reason why I don't show a consistent style is that most of my customers all want something different.  If I had my choice, I'd make them all downfiring so that I wouldn't have to build grills at all.  But some people think that a front firing sub is better for music, which I don't agree with, but to each his own.

Also, the end table sub is my own.  If someone wants something similar, they are definitely going to pay more than standard pricing.  And it's not a slab of rock.  It's MDF with a faux marble finish.

But I do understand what you're saying and I appreciate your comments.

Hank

Action!
« Reply #6 on: 4 May 2004, 04:57 pm »
If I had my choice, I'd make them all downfiring so that I wouldn't have to build grills at all.

Amen.  I don't understand why customers don't all want downfiring subs with the benefits of no exposed cones/grills to small children and pets.  I haven't had anyone confront me with the "side-firing is more musical" angle.  The objective reasoning would be very interesting to listen to. :)

Carlman

Action!
« Reply #7 on: 4 May 2004, 05:14 pm »
Quote from: Hank
If I had my choice, I'd make them all downfiring so that I wouldn't have to build grills at all.

Amen.  I don't understand why customers don't all want downfiring subs with the benefits of no exposed cones/grills to small children and pets.  I haven't had anyone confront me with the "side-firing is more musical" angle.  The objective reasoning would be very interesting to listen to. :)

I found downfiring on a suspended hardwood floor vibrated my feet a lot.  I asked Brian to build me a front-firing so it would vibrate my shins instead.  It worked.  I think the downfiring sounds slightly different than front-firing however, I can't pinpoint the difference.... there was a bit of a lag time between hearing the down vs. front-firing in my room.

My sub sits in the middle of the 2 monitors, pointed directly at me.  It blended perfectly with a pair of Von Schweikert VR-1's.  

-C