Songtower size

edmondwolfman

Songtower size
« on: 3 Aug 2011, 03:09 pm »
Can anyone tell me how tall the Songtowers are? I know on the site it says 44.5" without plinths and spikes but how tall are they with the plinths and spikes and are they required if you have a wood floor? I could go a little taller than the 38" of my Axioms but I don't think I could get away with 48" (WAF)  :cry:

I asked this of Jim in an email a couple of days ago but haven't received a response so I thought I would ask here. Email may not be his preferred way of communication.

tgp06

Re: Songtower size
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2011, 03:44 pm »
47.75" with a thin pad under the spike. Probably closer to 47.625" on a hard surface.

jsalk

« Reply #2 on: 3 Aug 2011, 03:47 pm »
Funny, I answered that email a few days ago.  I re-sent my response from a different address.  Let me know if you got it.

- Jim

Richard in Idaho

« Reply #3 on: 3 Aug 2011, 03:49 pm »
I also had that question. Not that it matters as I don't have a wife to complain.

No idea why you did not get a response.  I sent Jim an e-mail last night re shipping and some thoughts on one of his speakers. Had a nice response this morning. 

edmondwolfman

« Reply #4 on: 3 Aug 2011, 04:08 pm »
Funny, I answered that email a few days ago.  I re-sent my response from a different address.  Let me know if you got it.

- Jim

I got the one from today. Thanks. Jim, if you don't use the spikes do you also not add the plinths?

Meicheng

« Reply #5 on: 3 Aug 2011, 04:52 pm »
The spikes screw into the bottom of the plinths, but you can use certainly the plinths without spikes if you want to. 

Big Red Machine

« Reply #6 on: 3 Aug 2011, 05:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure you could add spikes w/o plinths as well, but it could get a little tipsy.  You could use outriggers and mount them to the spike threaded inserts in the speaker bottoms.

Meicheng

« Reply #7 on: 3 Aug 2011, 05:04 pm »
The speakers look much nicer with the pliths, in my opinion, and they provide added stability.

Nuance

« Reply #8 on: 3 Aug 2011, 08:37 pm »
The speakers look much nicer with the pliths, in my opinion, and they provide added stability.

+1.  Don't go without the plinths; they raise the speaker so the tweeters are at ear level, so it's a good idea to utilize them (and the spikes).